Tuesday 15 January 2019

Scrapbook 1/2019 - December 4 2018

Hi Everyone,

I trust you are all well and getting back into the swing of things now that January is well under way. Welcome to my new followers - Gee Dazee and Tracey from Hotpotch Creations!

I'm slowly getting over my aching jaw and feeling a bit more up to crafting, so much so I've been able to complete this UFO - begun last year!
This is a shameless lift from a layout of Mind the Scrap's Emma using stash from her December kit. I particularly liked how she used the printed vellum over a subtly patterned paper - disguising the adhesive needed to fix it in place under the photograph. Also the gorgeous red and white felt garland looked perfect strung along under the photo panel in the layout.

Supplies used:

  • Cardstocks: white for base, black for photo mat
  • Papers: Carta Bella Christmas 'Merry Snowflakes'; Crate Paper 'Mistletoe' patterned paper; Pebbles Cozy & Bright 'Home for Christmas'; Shimelle's Head in the Clouds 'Counting Wishes' for the number 4; Making Memories 'Mistletoe' (that last paper from my stash)
  • Special papers: Crate Paper's printed vellum 'Merry Days'; We R Memory Keepers Shape 'N Tape adhesive sheets in red; red tissue paper (for matting photo)
  • Ink pads: Memories black dye pad and Whispers Cherry Red pad
  • Stamps: Dovecraft tiny alphabet for letters and numbers from a set that no longer has a name; American Crafts Christmas date stamp
  • Embellishments: Echo Park's Merry and Bright sticker sheet and Pebbles felt garland from the kit; red and white twine; green enamel dots from my stash

The photo was taken just to celebrate the cute coasters I spotted in our local supermarket - I couldn't resist the cute image. It was a lucky coincidence that there was a sticker on the Merry and Bright sticker sheet that fitted perfectly with the photo.

The adhesive sheet from We R Memory Keepers can be used in a variety of ways - here I've just cut two strips and used them in the same way we would Washi tape but it is also possible to die-cut various shapes to make custom stickers. There's a cutting die kit sold separately which includes 18 dies designed specifically for use with the adhesive sheets but I think I will try some of my own dies instead. I think the more basic shapes, e.g. circles, hearts, stars, etc., would cut perfectly.

Take care all and have a great day.

2 comments:

Sandra H said...

Hi Elizabeth this just so lovely l do like the felt garland and the coasters and the photo too nice that you found th e coasters they really are so pretty x

Christine Kiehl said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. And never a shameless lift; always a good thing! Happy New Year