Wednesday 31 August 2016

WOYWW 378 - Blog Break Over

Hello Everyone,

I'm back! After a very extended blog break and raring to go too.

I've not been entirely idle over the last couple of months, just not as productive as you busy people! What follows is by way of an update - if I can remember how to upload photos, etc., - I'm feeling kinda rusty!

Some pottering around, sorting out and tidying of the craft room has been going on and because of that my desk doesn't look too bad today.
Quite clean and tidy really!

As I said already I haven't been entirely idle. I've managed to complete a few small projects. Here's a wee round-up.
I finally finished this embroidered lavender panel and decided to use it to make a cushion cover for my sister's birthday in July. My late mother crocheted the trim and I've been treasuring it for years. However, it made the perfect finishing touch for this project.

I also managed to finish this giant granny square in time for my niece's birthday last week - it's a combination of all her favourite colours. It's the second I've made but I'm moving on and have started crocheting hexagons to make a multi-coloured throw.

The EM and I celebrated our 20th anniversary in July so to mark the occasion I made up this small photo album covering our 20 plus years together.
There are way too many pages to show here but here's a wee selection to give an idea of the contents.


And that is the sum total of my summer crafting - not a lot to show for so many weeks off. I've really been taking things easy but, on looking back, it's been an eventful time. Two dear friends got married in Gibraltar in June so there was a their wedding party to go to when they returned. Then there was our great-grandson's first birthday party/barbecue. We've also been away on a couple of short trips, one to Northumberland and the other to the Lake District - both thoroughly enjoyable. Even the weather was kind to us. Finally, my baby sister, she's 10 years younger than me, came up from London on a week's visit. All-in-all, it's been a great summer for us and hopefully it's not quite over yet.

I hope you've all had a lovely summer too, even if the weather hasn't always been all that lovely. I'm off now to check out as many desks as I can before dinner. It could take me the entire week to get around to see all your desks so please bear with!

Take care everyone and have a great week ahead.

15 comments:

Inside the artists shed said...

Glad you're back - love the cushion and a great way to use up that trim. Have a great week x Jackie 14

Twiglet said...

Sounds like you have had a brilliant Summer of fun there Elizabeth. Your anniversary LOs are lovely - what a great idea. x Jo

Helen said...

Sounds like a brilliant summer! love your crocheted spread and the cushion is beautiful. Congratulations on your 20th anniversary - great album! Thanks for visiting already. Helen #1

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. You have certainly had a busy and fun summer so far. Congratulations on the 20th anniversary. Your album is so precious. Ali x #25

Sharon Madson said...

Welcome back. Love your style of photo scrap album. Nice work.
Looks like you had a great Summer! Thanks for the peek, have a great week! #36

Neet said...

I am so glad you visited me, it is lovely to welcome you back to WOYWW BlogLand. Missed you.
Well, you certainly have been busy and I just have to say how much I love the cushion you made. Gorgeous embroidery and to part with the crochet shows how much you value and love your sister. I thought the crochet blanket was going to be for her too as the colours are similar - such beautiful work again.
Congratulations on your anniversary - what a lovely memory book you made. Something to treasure and look back on.
Hugs & Thanks for visiting me , Neet 7 xx

StampedbyChris said...

The pillow and blanket go together so well. Your book is great, so full of love!

Hugs,
Chris #23

Sue said...

Hi Elizabeth, Glad you have been getting out and about and had your sister to stay.

Your album is lovely. Happy Anniversary.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #10

Julia Dunnit said...

Its utterly lovely to see your organised and tidy desk again, am so glad the summer has been kind and you're on the comeback. I love the cushion, and the addition f the trim is beautiful and very generous of you. I know you get to the stage of wondering why you're hoarding something that could be really enjoyed, but it's still poignant innit.
Love to you for your 20th Anniversary, I would love to look through the album, you two have such interesting times.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

For someone who was supposed to be having a rest you look to have been very busy but it was worth it, gorgeous projects on show. Have a lovely week and happy belated woyww, Angela x 11

Marie-Louise said...

Lovely to see you back Elizabeth. You really have been busy. Gorgeous cushion and blanket not to mention all the lovely memories you have documented - a very productive summer I would say. Hope you both are keeping well.

Carole Pollard said...

Lovely to have you back and your projects over the summer are gorgeous so glad you have had a fun time and are well Love and hugs Carole x

Unknown said...

Hello Elizabeth. So happy to see you back and your desk is looking great seeing your working on a page. Also that is one beautiful cushion and blanket. Happy belated 20 anniversary and I love your mini album you made.... I am also doing one for my DH I have been collecting stuff for years to do it as later this month we are celebrating or 22 anniversary. So happy to hear that you had a wonderful summer and thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave me a comment. Have a fantastic weekend. Hugs ~Anne L#3

okienurse said...

great looking desk but despite your saying you haven't been busy it looks as if you have been very busy! I have been hit or miss since spring because of various commitments but hopefully will be able to play along not the fall is coming! Have a great week. Vickie #45

Marit said...

Welcome back... and wow, the granny square is awesome! I also love the scrap-album... should make something like that too, it's been too long and my beloved and I are together for almost 20 years also, sounds like a great occasion. Thanks for your visit to my blog earlier - it's already Saturday now, I'm very late with my woyww visits so: have a great weekend! Love from holland, Marit #8