What is it about red shoes ... I have always loved them and must have owned quite a few pairs in my long lifetime. More than any other colour, red is the most cheering, especially in shoes, so when I spotted this topper in Hunkydory's Little Book of Decoupage I just had to make a card using it.
- A6 white card blank
- Red/white polka dot patterned paper from Raspberry Road Designs' Summer Goodness 6x6 card pack (freebie from Quick Cards some time last year, I think) cut to fit the card front leaving a narrow margin
- The belly band, just visible under the topper, is a snippet of white card - the edge was die-cut using one of Tattered Lace's mini dies, a set of 20 bought at a bargain price - covered with a scrap of red organza ribbon
- The topper from The Little Book of Decoupage, Sports, Hobbies & Pastimes from Hunkydory, cut to a circle using an X-cut die.
- Matting and layering the topper - I made the red layer is the polka dot paper again, this time the circle was made by tracing around the same circle die, the white layer was made with a snippet of white card die-cut using yet another X-cut die - this time from the Spiro Circle nesting set.
- The shoe embellishment is another Spiro circle cut from a scrap of white card topped with two tiny red shoes, another of the dies from Tattered Lace mini set. They are cut from yet another snippet - this time red mirror card.
- The birthday greeting, another of the Tattered Lace mini set, was cut out from snippets of white for the front of the card, and red mirror for the inside.
- The teeny wee daisy motifs in the corner are from the waste produced from trying out my new Tonic Daisy Border punch.
The inside and back decorated with off-cuts of the polka dot paper and one of the tiny shoes.
I see I have less than 10 minutes to hop over to Pixie's Snippet's Playground or I will miss the deadline! As this is my only snippet make this week that would be just too bad of me.
Thanks for popping in. I hope you have a very good weekend.