Wednesday 16 October 2013

Silver Dove - not on my desk this Wednesday

Morning Everyone

Time is of the essence today and, because that is so, I thought it would be unfair to join in with WOYWW ... the chances of me finding much time to desk snoop is virtually nil, and leaving comments even less. However I have a card that was super quick and easy to make to share with you instead ... this won't take long :)
All that was needed for the card was a white A6 (5.75"x4") card base, a piece of silver mirror card measuring slightly less and an absolutely stunning topper recycled from last year's cards that really needed very little in the way of embellishment, trimmed to measure just a fraction less than the silver mat. All I've added is a greeting with VersaMark ink pad and silver embossing powder and some clear rhinestone gems for the snowflakes and top left/bottom right.

Et voila! One very speedy card which is about all I have time for at the moment.  I'm sad pleased to report that most of my crafty stash, tools and whatnots are all boxed up ready for the move. The house looks like a Pickfords depot right now and the Boss is totally confused and put out by it all!

Okay, gotta go ... things to do.

I hope you are all having a wonderful Wednesday.

Take care and happy crafting,

6 comments:

Sue said...

Fab card Elizabeth and try and take it easy lol huggles Sue xx

lisa said...

Gorgeous card, Elizabeth. Sometimes we all need super speedy cards. Hope all the packing is going well, you'll be desperate to get settled soon and unpacked again.
Take care
Hugs Lisax

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Lovely card, Elizabeth, and very stylish. Even better for being quick. If you want to see Ralph McTell, he is performing all over the country so it might be worth looking to see where he is. I got Barbara's DVD on Monday and I cannot wait to get going, following her teaching. Her blog has only just started up and I only found out about it from her Facebook site. xx Maggie

Hettie said...

This is lovely Elizabeth. Good Luck on the move.
Hugs
xx

MaryH said...

This _is_ a stunning topper and how well you recycled it to make another beautiful card. I've not visited WOYWW for a while, just because I can't manage to get round to make visits to the participants. I snoop in at a few that I 'know' the folks, just a quick dash to enjoy the cards/projects. This is lovely, so glad you found time to create & share. Hugs

Darnell said...

Missed you on WOYWW, Elizabeth, but I don't play either when I don't have time to comment. I came by to see you anyway and boy, am I glad I did! Your card is fantastic!! Hugs, Darnell