Wednesday 14 November 2018

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 493

Hello Everyone,

Well, it's a perfect day for WOYWW here - wet and miserable! I don't know about where you are but here in South Ayrshire the weather pattern seems to one of alternating between the perfect sunny but nippy autumnal days and the equally perfect crafting days - that's the ones where you dare not step outdoors without donning wellies and waterproofs! Much better then to spend those days creating a mess on the workdesk.
Although it's not so messy this week. Oh there's still the usual pile on the right. This one is all Christmas related - a box of scraps and a stack of paper pads. The pack of sticky-backed gems is still there after the latest card making session. Top left is my 'bullet journal'. It's coming on with an index, the month, to-dos and a of list of UFOs (unfinished projects) I'm working through. What it isn't is decorated and it's not overly ambitious either - I know myself too well for that. At the front is the Creative Palette I found tucked away out of sight, sad and forgotten - why? I recall enjoying playing creating with it once or twice. However, I've forgotten how to use is so I think a trip over to YouTube is called for. Not now. Not today. But soon.
Talking of UFOs. I'm on a mission to finish as many as I can before 2019. This is the Attic Windows  quilted cushion begun at the start of this year - before the EM became ill. There wasn't much to do to finish it so I got stuck in yesterday and got it done. The first item ticked of on that list.

And now for something a bit different in the book bit. Not an audio-book - though I'm still bingeing on thrillers - but a real book, a hardback in fact.



I spotted 'The Art of Coorie: How to Live Happy the Scottish Way', by Gabriella Bennett, during a visit to the garden centre at the weekend. The word 'coorie' took me back to my early childhood in a instant ... it's a word that conjures up feelings of warmth and comfort ... so for that reason alone, I had to have this book.



If you are, like me, a devotee of hygge - the Danish way of cosy living - you'll love this book. Forget the tartan and twee that is usually associated with Scotland, this is a beautiful written and illustrated book giving a fresh perspective on Scottish culture.





If you haven't participated in What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday before but fancy joining in the fun do pop over to the Stamping Ground where you can find all the information you need here. It's really too easy, post a photo of your desk, tidy or messy it doesn't matter, and add your link to all the others. It's fun, you'll see.

In the meantime, have a very happy WOYWW and a great week ahead.

8 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That quilting is gorgeous!! Well done on finishing a UFO and good luck with tackling the list of others :-D. I was reading about coorie the other day, the book sounds fun, I'll look out for it. Hope you and the EM are well and happy.
HUgs LLJ 6 xxx

glitterandglue said...

Afternoon Elizabeth. Well done - one ticked off. The cushion is really lovely. What's next on the list? Glad you enjoyed the book.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Christine said...

What a gorgeous cushion!! Soooo beautiful and restful. Looking forward to seeing the next finished item from your list.
We have a cold but sunny day today so not too bad.
Take care
Christine #28

Sarah Brennan said...

That cushion is beautiful Elizabeth. Is the artistic palette similar to a gel plate but thinner? It looks interesting to be sure. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Helen said...

that cushion is stunning! I wish I could do work like that. We've had sunshine here today. contrary country, for sure! Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Very sensible to try and finish off some half done project, I keep telling myself this Lol! Have a great woyww, Angela x16x

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Elizabeth, love the quilted cushion. Good job on getting it finished. Love the soft colours. Weather here has been a bit like that too. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #9 X

Kelly said...

Good morning, Elizabeth. I love the idea of a UFO list, though I don't bullet journal. I could put a page in my regular planner. Good idea! The pillow turned out just lovely. Congrats on ticking of an item from your list. That book sounds like the perfect browse/ read. Thinking about what you could do to further make your space cozy and your own during the wintery months. We had just under 2" of snow Wednesday night. What a beautiful site to wake up to yesterday morning. Only snow left is in the shady spots now and w'ere to hit 50* F or better today. Wacky weather. Creative Blessings! Kelly #27