Tuesday 20 November 2018

Happy Christmas Card

Hello Everyone

It's another lovely day here. The sort of day that beckons me out so I think I'll be off for a wee walk after lunch.

In the meantime, I have this quick make to share.
All the supplies were rescued from the scrap mountain. I found the card used for the upper part in the 'already embossed' box.

Supplies used:
- 5" square white card base, from Papermania - used to form a tent shaped card.
the pre-embossed card for the upper part
- scrap of very old patterned paper for lower part of the card, from the Papermania A5 Penelope & Percy pack - also trimmed along the lower edge with the X-cut scallop punch
- a scrap of turquoise petersham ribbon used to cover the upper and lower join
- lacy snowflake paper trim from Siesta Craft - once self-adhesive but so old there's no adhesion left
- snippets of aqua and dark teal card for the poinsettia and greeting
- one aqua gem for flower centre


Tools:
- embossing folder, an old favourite, Kars Ice Crystals from Cuttlebug
- X-cut 4cm scalloped border punch - used to trim the lower edge, back and front, of the card base
- Xyron 150 - used to give the paper trim back it's stickiness
- dies - Spellbinders Poinsettia set and the Happy Christmas greeting
- die-cutting machine


From the two lists above you will have not failed to have noted that I've been raiding old stash. And that is true of just about every card I've made this year. I can't see the point of buying new materials and tools when I have enough of the old to last me a lifetime. Especially when the papers are still gorgeous, the trims & embellishments are still usable and the embossing folders and dies are still my favourites. The bonus is, savings from such thrift help me to Royal Mail's ever increasing postage rates!

I'm entering the card to the following two challenges:

Sweet Stamping Christmas - November Challenge

CRAFT Challenge 491

Edited Note: I did set out for a wee walk but got no further than the garden where I ended up pottering around for an hour or so. 

4 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

It's just beautiful Elizabeth, lovely colours too. Well done you on your thrift, I think we all spend too much...if I'd to count up everything in my craft room, I'd die of shame, Kate x

Trimgym said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!

Sheryl said...

Beautiful colours - love the embossing.
Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week.
Hugs Sheryl xx

sweet art designs said...

Lovely the colour pallet. Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT