Sunday 18 November 2018

Sunday Snippets with Winter Botanicals

Hello Everyone ...

... and happy Sunday too. It's another beautiful day for us - dry and sunny with just a wee bit of a chill in the air. Perfect for autumn.

I'm still beavering away at the Christmas cards - needs must! Today, I have a set of four featuring a very pretty embossed topper using one of the folders from Winter Botanicals from Sizzix - a set of four.

This is one of the smaller folders which is just the right size to create a topper. Some time ago - many months ago in fact - I had a wee embossing session with scraps of card that were stashed away in my snippet box. When I dug out the four I've used here I thought they needed a bit of colour so I painted them using Winsor & Newton watercolours. Once dry I matted each topper on to a layer of red card - more scraps from the snippet box - before fixing them with dimensional adhesive to the card base which I'd already decorated with red gingham ribbon and a greeting. 

Here's a shot of some of the supplies used. The greeting is from the Forest Magic stamp set. The flowers and buds were embellished with Dovecraft's black enamel and yellow Stickles.
I've used a selection of cardstock to emboss on - watercolour, smooth white, satin - actually whatever came to hand at the time. Interestingly, the paint behaved differently on the various finishes but I rather liked that - the cards are all the same but different.

As it's Sunday and I've used snippets of card - even the red card used for matting is from different sources - I'm popping over to Pixie's Snippet's Playground  to submit these cards to Di's Challenge #339.

3 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

I hope the recipients of these cards appreciate them, they are lovely and so much nicer than the shop cards.
Briony
x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Very pretty Cards Elizabeth and the ribbon works perfectly. You’ve just reminded me that I have this set of stamps, so I must re-visit them x

Di said...

What pretty cards Elizabeth and it's so good to see you back in the Playground! Wanna take Dudley for a little walk?

Hugs

Di xx