Sunday 30 April 2017

Sunday Snippet Card

Evening Folks,

Operation CRSO (Craft Room Sort Out) is well underway and the worst is done. The old computer is gone, the new one has been relocated, and I now have a dedicated die-cutting station. The position of the workdesk has been changed and I can now look out of the window as I type - so much better than looking at a wall!

Would do a happy dance but it isn't all over yet! There's still a lot of stash to sort through, but I think I can reward myself with some actual crafting time ... oh, and time to blog about it too!

The challenge over at UKPC Craft Group this month was to create something using some of those old peel-offs that we all seem to have tucked away in our stash. A bit of rummaging through the stash mountain unearthed a small stack of sheets that had long been forgotten. Here's the card I made using one of the sheets.

Supplies used:

  • the giraffe, greeting and trim all came from a sheet of Little Claire Designs peel-offs
  • the snippets of patterned paper all came from my scrap box, including the 'wildlife' one which originally came in a Pollyanna Pickering collection 
  • the cardstock is all from Paper Mill Direct 
  • the green velvet ribbon from stash
  • the wood effect enamel dots are from Studio Calico

I'm also submitting this card to Pixie's Snippets Playground where anything goes as long as there's snippets used in the making.

I was inspired by April the giraffe who finally gave birth to a boy calf on 15th April at the Animal Adventure Park, Harpursville, New York. I spent a week or so checking the webcam only to miss the eagerly anticipated birth! As you can imagine, when I discovered the sheet of giraffe themed peel-offs it was a no-brainer - the theme had to be a giraffe.

That's it for this evening, Now, predictably perhaps, I'm off to watch The Durrell's on the TV. I really enjoy this feel-good series.

Have a great week.

7 comments:

Valerija said...

Beautiful card, the papers and the image are gorgeous.
Valerija xx

Liz said...

I love the design of this card. Well done on using up some of your peeloffs! I've got box full and really ought to try and use more of them now and then. xx

Veerle said...

Beautiful card love that giraf image.
hugs, veerle

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

beautiful card design :)
hugs
preeti

Carole Pollard said...

what a great card design and yes I have a load of these peel offs in my stash not used for years how crafting fashions change Love and hugs Carole x

Sarn said...

Lovely giraffe snippets card Elizabeth.
I've also been enjoying The Durrells.

Hugs, Sarn x

Di said...

Lovely card Elizabeth - and so nice to see peel offs being used too. I think they're quite under rated these days yet I bet many of us have loads of them!

Well done on the craft room blitz!

Hugs

Di xx