Tuesday 11 April 2017

Snippet Cards - Tulips

Hi Everyone,

I hope you've had a lovely Tuesday. After a warm and sunny weekend it has turned very chilly here in Ayrshire. I think the wind must be coming directly from the North Pole! Hopefully it's temporary but it has put a stop to the gardening for now. Still, it has given me time to catch up on the much neglected housework, and when I'd done as much of that as I could bear I beat a retreat to the craft room to finish of the dry embossing project I've been working on since last Wednesday.
Instead of having a basket of cardstock scraps I now have a box of embossed scraps all waiting to be used on cards and/or scrapbook pages.

I created the following three cards all featuring toppers made with a lovely tulip design,





Supplies used:

  • card base - A6 white card from The Range
  • cardstock - smooth blue, textured cream and satin finish pink, all from my stash of scraps 
  • embossing folder - Darice Spring Tulips
  • stamps -  Sincere Sentiments which came free with an issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft. 
  • inks - Memento Danube Blue, Versacolor 54 Brown, Stazon Jet Black. 
  • enamel dots - blue,from Docrafts Denim Blue, cream from Simple Stories The Story of Us, pink from Echo Park Petticoats & Pinstripes.

As can be seen, the design is pretty simple. Just a white card base, the embossed panel, a stamped greeting and enamel dots for embellishment, but that's three more cards tucked away to be used when needed.

I think the tulips are perfect for this time of the year, just when my garden is full of them.

It's late so I'll wish you a very goodnight and a happy day tomorrow.

4 comments:

Jane Willis said...

What a great idea, to have a box of ready-embossed panels. These are gorgeous and make lovely elegant cards
Jane

Carole Pollard said...

so pretty what a very classy design Love and hugs Carole x

FLR said...

So very pretty cards!
groetjes
Francisca

Tina Z. said...

wow, I just love tulips! and I love embossing, so classy!
hugs