I hope you've had a lovely Tuesday. After a warm and sunny weekend it has turned very chilly here in Ayrshire. I think the wind must be coming directly from the North Pole! Hopefully it's temporary but it has put a stop to the gardening for now. Still, it has given me time to catch up on the much neglected housework, and when I'd done as much of that as I could bear I beat a retreat to the craft room to finish of the dry embossing project I've been working on since last Wednesday.
I created the following three cards all featuring toppers made with a lovely tulip design,
- card base - A6 white card from The Range
- cardstock - smooth blue, textured cream and satin finish pink, all from my stash of scraps
- embossing folder - Darice Spring Tulips
- stamps - Sincere Sentiments which came free with an issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft.
- inks - Memento Danube Blue, Versacolor 54 Brown, Stazon Jet Black.
- enamel dots - blue,from Docrafts Denim Blue, cream from Simple Stories The Story of Us, pink from Echo Park Petticoats & Pinstripes.
As can be seen, the design is pretty simple. Just a white card base, the embossed panel, a stamped greeting and enamel dots for embellishment, but that's three more cards tucked away to be used when needed.
I think the tulips are perfect for this time of the year, just when my garden is full of them.
It's late so I'll wish you a very goodnight and a happy day tomorrow.