It's been a lovely day here - sunny and bright for most of it but by the time I came to take the photographs of this card it had turned dark ... that'll be the daylight saving :( I tried all sorts of light combinations to get some good shots of this card but have to admit failure ... this card is so much nicer seen in the flesh but here it is anyway.
This card is intended for a special lady, but I'm not saying who because, although unlikely, she may just pop in to read this blog. However, with her in mind, I've gone for a vintage feel using some very pretty collage paper I bought online from an Etsy store, sumptuous gold braid and a lovely combination of purples, pinks and metallics.
The topper base is black card which was covered in VersaMark and brushed with three shades of mica powder, light gold, silver and forever violet, before stamping the greeting, again using VersaMark to remove the mica powder. The amethyst tear-drop is a treasured gift from my late beloved mother which I am very happy to pass on to this special recipient - I know she will also treasure and take good care of it too.
madebyjanet it was inked around the edges with Victorian Velvet DI - one of my two new ink pads brought back from the craft show - love this colour ... better than Spun Sugar :) The gold braid came from the Bo Bunny pack also found at the craft show.
Blogger seems to be acting up this evening and suddenly I'm unable to upload photographs - very strange. If it recovers later I will add them to the post. In the meantime here's a list of the materials used:
- Cardstock: Aubergine pearlescent card for base; gold mirri and purple Papermania textured card for matting and layering; smooth black card for greeting topper
- DP: From a collage sheet from madebyjanet, Big Music Paper - edge inked with Tim Holtz DI, Victorian Velvet
- Stamp: Docrafts Penelope & Percy Christmas Greetings; VersaMark ink pad; Craftynotions Silver and Light Gold Mica Powder Paints; Perfect Pearls, Forever Violet
- Insert & Back Trim: created using a combination of Christmas Inserts #36 and Christmas Delights #08 from Bearly Mine Designs
- Embellishment: Gold trimming from Bo Bunny; Creative Expression Brown Zipper Rose; Craftworkcards Candi, purple; white/purple print organza ribbon and taupe satin ribbon from stash; amethyst tear-drop from personal jewellery collection
- as this card has definitely been created with someone special in mind.
I'd like to welcome my most recent follower, Rita. I hope you will enjoy keeping up with the makings, meanderings and occasional moans of this happy crafter. You've brought the total of my followers, or encouragers, the more appropriate term used by Shaz of Oz, to over 100. How did that happen? It kind of sneaked up on my while I was still planning what to do to celebrate reaching the century :) However, I've been working on it and, at the risk of being accused of being a big tease, I will be revealing all very soon, so keep watching this blog for my 100 Followers Celebration Giveaway!
In the meantime, Happy Crafting,
Edited Note: Blogger sorted itself out and let me upload the rest of the photographs :)