Friday 26 October 2018

Friday Smiles

Hello Everyone,

Friday - definitely the best day of the week. Made even better when we can join Annie, A Stitch In Time, with a mini review of what has made me smile this week.

We had a visit from our great-grandchildren on Sunday. We were celebrating this little one's third birthday.
We all had a laugh at how she used her for to spear her cake. 







Her mum and big sister soon showed her the right way to eat cake 


While her brother demonstrated how to do the splits. Rather than sit on the sidelines watching his sister,  he decided he'd like to join her in cheerleader classes. It wasn't long before he discovered this surprising talent. 



I have an update on the work we've been doing in the garden.




Job finished and this bed is looking so much better - and so much easier to look after. 


While we were tidying up I spotted this pot with a hellebore already in flower so I decided to bring it out and place it on the red bark where it can be seen. I did laugh when I spotted the 'frog' eyeing up a snail shell ... shame the snail has long gone.




And I just have to share the little green birch beech which I discovered and brought back from a garden centre situated on the edge of Loch Ness many years ago.
Not green at all at this time of the year - stunningly golden instead. Guaranteed to make me smile.

Spotted at the local supermarket.
I'm not fond of pumpkin, soup or pie, and don't make lanterns out of them but I do enjoy seeing them massed in a huge pile like this.

And finally,
October is almost over but I so agree with Anne of Green Gables - just as Autumn is my favourite season, October is my favourite month. 

As you can see, it's been another week with a lot to smile about. To see many more reasons to smile do pop over to Annie's, at A Stitch In Time.

3 comments:

Annie said...

How lovely to 'meet' you three little ones....how can you not smile at them all. Lexi is always showing me how she does the splits....makes the eyes water!
Your garden is really looking wonderful with it's new make over....well done to you both.
Hugs,
Annie x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Little ones always bring a smile. Your week was truly filled with them, and your great-granddaughter had me laughing. She is an angel. Looks like they are a very happy family, too.

That green birch is beautiful and it has certainly turned lovely autumn colors.

That red bark really sticks out against the rest of the garden. It is beautiful and I like the idea of it, too. I may do something similar next year in my garden.

Have a super rest of Friday and a wonderful weekend, too, Elizabeth.

mamapez5 said...

It is good to see the little one enjoying her cake. That's what birthdays are for. I can see your great-grandchildren all enjoyed their visit with you.
The red bark makes quite a statement in your garden and really sets off the dark leaves of the hellebore. It is in a hurry to flower this year. I am sure mine used to wait for December! I love the golden birch. October is the month of Autumn colours and I love too. Kate x