Tuesday 16 October 2018

The Two Pages Made at the Scrap Dollies Crop

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all having a good day. Weather here is abysmal so taking refuge in the craft room. Such a change from yesterday when the sun was shining making the bus journey to our health centre a pleasure. The EM was seen by the practice nurse who checked him over and said the wound was healing nicely. So everything is hunky-dory, thank goodness.

On to the layouts I'm sharing today. A couple of weeks ago, on 7th of the month, I went along to an all-day crop ran by Scrap Dollies in the church hall in little town of Stewarton in East Ayrshire, which is not too far from home for me. It was good fun and I'm getting to know the lovely ladies who came along - many travelling from much further afield than I do. As usual, I took several of my homemade kits with me but despite beavering away most of the day I still managed to make only two pages. I've said it before but I'll say it again, I'm the slowest scrapper on the planet! 

Here's the first of the pages.

Celebrate
I find working from sketches very helpful so took along Kristine Davidson's Creative Scrappers Creating with Sketches book - I think I might have mentioned it in a previous post. Both pages are based on sketches I particularly like and have used a couple of times before. The photos were taken at my son-in-law's 50th birthday in 2014. My daughter arranged it as a joint celebration as they also celebrated their Silver Wedding Anniversary that year too. The party was a great success with people coming from all over the country for the occasion. I was able to use leftover scraps of patterned paper together with some very old embellishments for this layout. The camera and crosses did come from American Crafts' One Canoe Two sticker book.

The second of the pages could not be more different.

Four Generations
This is one for my family history album. The photo. c 1920, is of four generations of women from the paternal side of my family -  my grandmother, great-grandmother and great-great-grandmother with the youngest at the time when the photo was taken, my Auntie Irene - the lady responsible for my second name! They all look so serious waiting for the photographer to do his stuff. Most of the patterned paper is from a project life collection, Rain by Becky Higgins, bought solely with the family history album in mind - the colours and patterns are good with older photos. Everything else is from stash and the circles were punched from matching PL cards.  
There's a pocket on the back of the page which contains this card which has more information about everyone in the photo. 

So there we are, just two pages to show for a whole day of scrapping. Not a lot, but I'm so pleased to have a few more photos scrapped and tucked away in the relevant albums. There's a cyber crop coming up at the weekend, hosted by Emma at Mind The Scrap, that I'm planning to participate in - hopefully making many more pages. In the meantime, I'm still making Christmas cards, some of which I plan to share soon.

Take care and happy crafting,

1 comment:

Carole Pollard said...

More beautiful memories these are all gorgeous Love and hugs Carole x