I hope you've all had as good a day as I have. After a couple of hours doing the usual housework, boring!, I spent the afternoon playing with stencils, sprays, glitter paste, inks, etc. Messy but fun. Result is, a desk covered in stuff that will be the basis of a few Christmas cards and I have one completed to share.
Here's how it was made.
- The topper ... Tim Holtz Santa's Letter stamped using a red distress ink - either Festive Berries or Fired Brick, too long ago for me to remember - was matted on to black card.
- More black card was used to create the greeting. Before stamping I rubbed the black cardstock with a SU Embossing Buddy to prevent static. The stamp ... Santa Clause is Coming to Town, from a Simply Cards & Papercraft, Issue 155, set ... was stamped with VersaMark and embossed with Papermania's Seafoam White powder. The greeting was then die-cut with a die from X-Cut's Tags & Bookplates set.
- To make the background a scrap of white card was sprayed and splattered with Lava Red Cosmic Shimmer Mist. When this was dry the topper was positioned on the upper left side of the backing piece. Gold jewelry cord was laced through the greeting and this was then wrapped around the backing and taped in place, making sure that the greeting was adhered to just cover the lower right of the topper. All was then adhered to a standard 5" square black card base, oriented to create a tent style card.
- The little gift boxes, stamps are from the same set as the greeting, were stamped on to white card with Memento Tuxedo Black and then fussy cut before sticking to the left corner using dimensional squares.
- Finally, two gold enamel dots were added to the top right corner.
I should add that there's an awful lot of dimensional sticky tape and squares on this card so it is in the 'to be hand delivered' category!
I'd like to submit this card to the following challenges:
CHNC challenge 305: anything goes as long as it's Christmas
CHNC challenge extra for November 2016