- Flicking through the basket of Christmas themed 8"x 8" & 6"x 6" paper packs I found the perfect patterned paper, featuring cute little deer in just the right colours, from Trimcraft's 'The Night Before Christmas' 8x8 pack.
- The two 4¼" x 5¾"card bases were made from dark brown cardstock and then covered with the pattern paper trimmed to size, leaving a narrow margin on all four sides.
- A rummage through the bits and bobs box unearthed the sentiments made from two snippets of white card stamped with the greeting - IndigoBlu's 'I Wish You a Merry Christmas' stamped with Stazon ink, 'Jet Black' - just crying out to be used this year!
- Another rummage, through the snippet mountain this time, produced scraps of gold, red and brown cardstock which were trimmed for matting and layering the topper which was then glued to the card base.
- The embellishments were made by die-cutting tiny leftover snippets of gold and red card using Spellbinders Sapphire Basic Set A 'Medallion' and 'Circle' dies. They were layered together with the little deer and then adhered to the bottom right corner of the card base.
- The final touch was the three red gems top left of the topper.
Sunday, 27 November 2016
Sunday Snippets & Rudolph Day Cards
Here's my cards for both these challenges.
I have managed to include two stamped sentiments from my bits and bobs box, an old but pretty sheet of patterned paper, more than a few snippets, and the cutest little deer embellishments.
The little felt reindeer embellishments, a great Make & Create find at The Works, were the inspiration for these cards.
How they were made:
As well as submitting the cards to Pixie's Snippets Playground and ScrappyMo's Rudolph Day Challenge I'd like to submit them to the following challenges.
CHNC Challenge Extra - for November 2016
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - November 2016
A Snowflakes Promise #33 - anything goes
The dreaded common cold has hit Casa Worthington ... the EM has been suffering since Thursday and now I'm starting with it. Not to worry, I've taken some cold & flu tablets - that should ward it off! I live in hope :)
Take care and have a great week.