Saturday 19 November 2016

Cardmaking - Pond Skaters and Winter Lighthouse

Hello Everyone

I hope you are having a great Saturday. It began cold and bright this morning but now, 3pm as I'm writing, we have just had a shower of hailstones! The first of the year. Just the weather to stay indoors and craft.

Every year we receive many lovely cards that are just too nice to throw away so I save them. Result - I have a drawer full of old but beautiful cards! Occasionally, for fun, I go through the drawer and pull out a couple to recycle into new cards. Today I have two of them to share.


This scene of skaters on the frozen pond brought back happy memories from my childhood. There was a pond in the park near where I lived in Edinburgh that occasionally froze over. When it did it always brought the skaters out for a bit of fun.

To make it, I trimmed the front down and matted it on to a piece of aqua cardstock before adhering it to a Kraft card base. The only embellishment is the turquoise and white baker's twine.


The second one I liked because it is a beautiful depiction of a lighthouse on a wintry night,it's light beaming to warn sailors and keep them safe.

To make it, all I did was trim the topper down to fit a white card base leaving a margin showing all round. I then wrapped a piece of red ribbon around the topper and tied a knot. I had a rummage in a little stock of greetings I keep tucked away and found one that was just the right shade of red - how lucky was that!

I'm submitting my cards to the following challenges:

CHNC challenge 308 - cute or anything goes as long as it's Christmas - I think the first card is cute :)
CHNC challenge extra for November 2016 - anything goes as long as it's Christmas

5 comments:

Sandra H said...

So pretty Elizabeth are both cards lovely sceans too! we had plenty of hailstones Elizabeth but today we have lovely sunshine hope it lasts take care sending lots of love xx

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous up cycling Elizabeth, both cards are lovely, bitter up here in the Highlands, may be our coldest night yet, keep cosy, Kate x

Craftychris said...

These are both lovely! Fab that they are recycled too! We had a rain/wind storm last night - no hail though! It's a lot milder for us down in Bournemouth though! xxx

Marie Bingaman said...

Both of your cards are so pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at CHNC Extra! :)

~Marie B -DT

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x