Monday 2 July 2018

In A Vase On Monday - Simply Yellow

Hello Everyone

This week's offering for Cathy's In A Vase On Monday is a very simple one.
A jug full of yellow roses! Confession time. I can't take any credit for this week's vase, that has to go to my husband.
Not only did he plant, prune and care for this stunning climber, Arthur Bell, but he cut and 'arranged' the blooms too. Though he'd happily admit there was no arrangement involved - he just plonked them into the biggest jug he could find, but don't they just look beautiful! And the perfume is fabulous too.
And this is the reason why I had nothing to do with this week's vase. Those blooms are far too high for me to reach - I am, at just over five feet tall, very definitely vertically challenged. So I asked my hubby to cut me a few. He's six feet tall so I'd estimate the climber has reached something like twice that height. According to the label the maximum height possible is fifteen feet (five metres).

I hope you enjoyed my husband's roses and that you will pop over to Cathy's blog, Rambling In The Garden, where you will find links to many more beautiful arrangements to admire.

6 comments:

Donna said...

A beautiful flower, wonderful husband and fabulous vase!

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful roses Elizabeth, a very green fingered hubby, Kate x

Kris Peterson said...

Your husband is wonderful, Elizabeth! If my husband cut flowers and brought them to me, I think I'd pass out from the shock!

Cathy said...

What a pretty and frilly rose, carefully cut and plonked for your delectation - lovely! ps you are taller than me :)

AlisonC said...

Simple but beautiful and lovely of him to do it.

Anonymous said...

He is a keeper! ;) Beautiful roses. Right now, I am in love with roses so this was wonderful to see.