Sunday 8 July 2018

Scrappy Sunday - Two Floral Cards

Hello Everyone

Happy Sunday to you all - I hope you've had a lovely weekend. Bloglovin' tells me I have a few new followers - welcome! I appreciate your interest and hope that you enjoy what you see here. Today I've been playing with inks and paints on scraps of cardstock and, because I hate to waste anything, I've created a couple of cards with my efforts.
Card No. 1 - the base for this card is the result of testing out a mist - Mister Huey's Heirloom Blue - on a scrap of white cardstock to see if it was the right colour for a scrapbook layout I'm in the middle of making. It wasn't but I liked the effect so thought it would make a good background for some stamping.

How I made the card:

1. The misted card was trimmed down to a 5" square to create a topper to fit a black card base from my stash.

2. More experimenting, this time with stamping using the Poppy Field flower from Rubbernecker.  I wanted to try out whether it is possible to stamp using Vicki Boutin's Mixed Media paint, Sugared Strawberry, so, using a paintbrush, I covered the surface of the stamp, misted it with water, and then stamped - it worked a treat.

3. After the paint had dried the outline was stamped using a Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad. 

4. The topper was then layered on to a patterned paper, from Wild Studio Rose's Spring Fling 6x6 paper pack - an old one leftover from way back when I was on the DT for Handy Hippo -  which was then adhered to the card base.

5. Confession time here - I did stamp a sentiment directly on to the background but then realised that it was a bit skew-whiff. Not to worry. I just stamped it again on a snippet of the white misted cardstock, layered it on to a scrap of the patterned paper and stuck over the mistake - only you will ever know because I've told you!

6. For the final touch I added a few pink sequins.

I'd like to submit this card to Pixie's Snippet Playground where, as always, the requirement is that we use up as many snippets in our projects as possible.


Card No. 2 was made in much the same way using another scrap of which cardstock previously spattered with Spectrum Noir' black Aquatint ink. This time I managed to stamp the sentiment perfectly straight. The white card base used measures 5" x 7" and instead of sequins I used tiny black 'pearls' made by Craft For Occasions.

Blimey! It's only just still Sunday ... I started writing the post hours ago but got distracted by a programme on TV about two of my favourite tennis players, Federer and Nadal, and then Poldark.

And now it's time I went to bed. Take care and have a great week.

4 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Two very beautiful floral cards Elizabeth, beautifully coloured and designed, Kate x

Greta said...

Gorgeous use of your "playing" papers, Elizabeth--glad they weren't discarded! I'm partial to the second one as I just love black splatters, especially with pink!

Di said...

What gorgeous cards Elizabeth - different to your usual ones and I'd never have guessed they were your work. Having said that, you really scored a hit with these!

Hugs

Di xx

Mrs A. said...

Two absolute beauties. Love the colours you have chosen .Hugs Mrs A.