Tuesday 27 March 2018

Clear The Desk - Layout #6 - Mystery Solved

Evening Everyone,

This is the last layout from the first section of Shimelle's class, Clear the Desk.
By the time I got to this layout there wasn't too much left of the papers in the kit and I had to eke it out by adding a sheet of white cardstock for the background together with some toning scraps of card from the scrap mountain for the embellishments. I used several dies - a layered butterfly (Dovecraft), layering circles with heart detail and a delicate rose (The Works), and a fern leaf shape (Tattered Lace, Lavish Blooms Leaves) - to create embellishments. I also stamped the elegant lady (Crafty Individuals CI-323), watercoloured here with a combination of Vintage Photo distress ink and Mr Huey's mist in Heirloom Blue before cutting it out to use as the main embellishment. The tiny butterflies were punched out of card and patterned paper and the cameras were fussy cut from a Project Life Jade Edition card. The journaling is on a cut-apart from the Summer Garden collection of papers in the kit.

I found the photo in my late mother's photo collection and vaguely remembered her telling me that she'd forgotten who the subjects were but that she was sure the woman was a relative and that one of the girls was her sister, Minnie. Well, thank goodness for social media. I put a copy of the photo up on Facebook tagging my cousins here in the UK and in Australia. The photo was passed around and my aunt in Australia was able to solve the mystery, hence the page title. I'm delighted. I can now file this page in the Family History album knowing that I have a photo of my great-grandmother as a relatively young woman holding my uncle Billy and the older girl is my aunt Minnie, as mum thought. The real surprise is that the younger of the girls is in fact my mother - she'd obviously forgotten what she looked like as a toddler!

So that's the first section completed and it's now on to the second which I suspect is going to be just as much fun as the first. I'm so pleased that I've created six layouts in what is for me a short time. Now to find places for them in the relevant albums.

There was very little paper left over from the kit but I have managed to make three cards which I will share in my WOYWW post tomorrow.

Happy Crafting,

1 comment:

Sandra H said...

This is stunning x