Wednesday 14 March 2018

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 458

Wednesday! Already! Surely not!

The last week seems to have just passed in a bit of a blur and I don't know what I've been filling my time with ... not much, that's for sure. I can't say I've been crafting ... that would be a blatant lie! And it's not as though I've been spring cleaning either. So for the WOYWW record, after all that's what we're here for, here's what's on my desk today.
Apologies for the light - it's a grey day here and even the daylight bulb hasn't made much of a difference. Hopefully you can see that I've taken back my desk. The jigsaw is back in it's box. Not because we completed it - we didn't - but I just wanted my desk back. I'm now looking for one of those puzzle boards that will enable me to work on jigsaws but store it between times. Anyway, I digress! What's on my workdesk today is our Christmas scrapbook. It needs a bit more work on it before I can say it's done. It's my intention this year is to finished all my unfinished projects - of which there is more than a few - and this is just the third. The first and second, you may recall from last week's post. I can report today that two more albums are now full taking the total up to fourteen and still counting! Behind the scrapbook is a basket of various festive patterned paper packs, a box of paper punches and date stamps, the guillotine and one of those really useful boxes with 12x12 Christmas papers and embellishments. There's also a dish of bits and bobs, a tray of washi tape and a cup of much needed latte.
The postie delivered these little beauties this week. All the way from China, fifty sheets of enamel dots in a lovely variety of colours - ordered from Ali Express. With free shipping for UK customers the price worked out at just 71p a sheet - a bargain!

The only other job of note this week is one the EM and I did together.
Our huge collection of plant pots now disinfected and rinsed. It took the EM an entire morning to wash them out and then I sorted them into the different sizes before putting them back in storage until I get around to sowing some seeds ... just waiting for it to get a bit warmer outside.


Just two books listened to this week. Both fiction but they were too very different 'reads'.

The Memory Book by Rowan Coleman. It's a disturbing read but also a hopeful one and there are moments of real humour. The main character, Claire, like her late father, is suffering from early onset Alzheimer’s disease. The memory book of the title is kept at the suggestion of her counsellor - something to pin her memories down while she still has them. A very good read even if the issue of Alzheimer's is an undeniably sad one.

The Lewis Man by Peter May. This is a story of the mystery surrounding an unidentified corpse recovered from a peat bog on the Isle of Lewis. Beautifully descriptive, the book is taking me around the islands of Lewis and Harris and giving me an insight into life of these islands in the past and present, as well as telling a riveting murder story. This is the second book of a trilogy and I have yet to read the first, The Black House, so it's now on my list of future reads.


Oh dear, there's the rain on again. Sigh. Hard to believe I got the washing hung out for the first time this year just two days ago. Roll on the better weather!

That's all from me today. I'm off to make a cuppa and a bit of lunch before settling down to check out what's on everyone's desks this week.

Have a lovely WOYWW and a wonderful week ahead.

14 comments:

Monica said...

Can't believe I complain about the weather when it never gets as cold as where you live. I am sure you have plans for going dotty.
Monica #31

Annie said...

Hi Ellie. I’m now sat here wondering what you will do with all those enamel dots? I will be watching and waiting so please make sure you share the results.
Have a great week....hopefully the sun will come out for us all soon.
Hugs,
Annie x #14

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Elizabeth, I have found a great app called Magic puzzles (which you can also work on via Facebook). There is a new puzzle to work on every day and you can choose the number of pieces and whether they are the correct way up or may need turning. You got a great bargain with all that bling from China! Happy WOYWW Sarah #10

SusanLotus said...

Great goal! To finish all your unfinished projects. :)
I´m not sure my projects would be finished in one year... maybe 3... Need to start after my spring cleaning.

Happy woyww to you!
Sussie nr 24

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Thanks for the book recommendations! I really like seeing them because it's good to find something different to read. I have just whizzed through the St Mary's series by Jodi Taylor - imagine historians and time travel (but don't call it that!) I've still been reading in the wee small hours, that's how much they captivated me!!
Good luck with working through your Things to Do list :-D
Hugs LLJ 8 xxxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Elizabeth, I'm another flower pot hoarder, lol. Those dots from china were a great bargain, well done! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 XxX

Twiglet said...

Like Annie - I can't imagine what you will do with the dots but I am sure you will show us! Thanks for sharing the books with us - I really do need to get back to enjoying a good read. Strangely, I spend more time with Beatrix Potter and the Mr Men at the moment!! xx Jo

Helen said...

oh you can tell it's a dull wet day! Those dots look gorgeous, a proper rainbow! helen #5

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I had to smile when you said you to plan to complete all your unfinished projects as I've been trying to do this but other stuff keeps getting in the way so good luck with it. Have a great woyww and a happy crafty week, Angela x9x

Jan said...

Great work desk. Happy WOYWW xx Jan (36)

Neet said...

What fabulous colours you got from |China - they seem to excel at this kind of thing.
Well done on all the job you two have got done this week - Christmas photos and plant pots for Spring. Must get my pots ready.
Hugs, Neet 6 xx

okienurse said...

great looking desk with all sorts of fun things to look through! I will have to start calling you a craft stash enabler...have to go look at the dots. I have been buying metal dies off Wish.com for next to nothing. Now will add this site. I have been busy reading this week too. Just finished the last couple books in a series. Have a great weekend...Vickie #34

BJ said...

Can you believe I am only now getting round to my visits! Love the enamel dots. Thanks for the visit BJ#2

malisa jason said...

Hi Elizabeth, I have found a great online website Supplier-in-China that sells more cheaper products.