Monday 12 March 2018

New Garden Hut and Mini Greenhouse

We've been getting ready for spring in the garden. I have long wanted a hut which can be dedicated to flower arranging and seed storage and finally I've got one.
It's a very pretty shade of blue and looks very much like a sentry box.
As you can see it has two storage areas. The EM is going to extend one of the shelves for me to give me an area for working on but otherwise it is more than adequate for the job.
Here he is putting it together with the help of our very kind neighbour, David. I would have helped him myself but I'm a bit under the weather with a cold which has given me sinus problems and vertigo.

We've also replaced the old and rotting mini greenhouse with a brand new wooden framed job - very posh.
Made up a few days ago when I was able to give himself a hand.
We made it up in the kitchen because the weather was grim that day.

These are all in the corner of the garden that I call my nursery area. I should take a photo of it so you can see it but I won't do that until it's been tidied and looking better organised.

The weather has cheered up, even warmed up a few degrees too, and we can look forward to spring and sowing seeds for the summer. In the meantime, I've been strolling round the garden spotting all the signs of new life. I've taken a ton of photos and plan to post the best of them soon, just for the record.

Thanks for popping in.

3 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

These look fabulous Elizabeth, bet they will be really useful and will look good in the corner of your garden, Kate x

AlisonC said...

You're gong to have fun here and they will be very useful. So exciting that spring is on the way!

nadia petrov said...

I put a remote temperature sensor in the wheeled greenhouse that I built, and can monitor the temperature from my house. Before any plants were put in this year the door was kept shut and on one sunny cold day it reached 110 F (43 C) inside, so I know that I can't leave the door shut unless absolutely sure that it will be an overcast day. It's better to leave them some ventilation than take a chance on burning the plants up. An automatic temperature activated door opener would be nice, if it worked.