Sunday 25 March 2018

Clear The Desk - Layout #4 - Retiring

Afternoon Everyone

Here's the fourth layout from Shimelle's class, Clear The Desk.
For this page I used an over-sized photo. This was a bit more challenging but the background paper -  Simple Stories, Life Documented - helped a lot. The clusters are based on scraps of leftover paper and the black stars which were punched from a snippet of black cardstock. The camera was fussy cut from one of the patterned papers I chose for the kit. I used a Project Life card for the journaling spot. 

In 1998, just a few weeks before he retired, my husband's company sent us both on a course to prepare him for retirement. We were put up in a beautiful hotel, there was a four-poster bed in our room, and the content of the course was interesting. That's where I learned that our hair doesn't go grey as we get older, it goes lighter ... I've happily accepted that ever since. The photo shows everyone who attended the course. 

I should add that my husband was only retired for about six months! He was much too young to hang up his hat back then!

Yet again, I'm keeping the post simple but if you are interested in taking the class you can find the details over on Shimelle's website.

Although this is not a card, I'm submitting, because I've used quite a few scraps of paper and the snippets of black card, the layout to Di's snippet challenge at:

Pixie's Snippets Playground

Layout #5 follows later.

Happy crafting to all.

2 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Great layout and a very interesting post Love the hair lightening I'll remember that Love and hugs Carole x

Di said...

Super layout Elizabeth - and I did smile about the pre-retirement course. They didn't mention the hair lightening but one piece of advice was to eat one or two brazils nuts per day! They're high in selenium, potassium, magnesium and calcium. In fact you can overdose on selenium if you eat too many apparently! That's not gonna happen here as I keep forgetting to buy them! So lovely to see you in the Playground :)

Hugs

Di xx