Two cards for you tonight. The first is a calendar card.
I have made this quick and easy card for the My Crafty Outlook's Christmas Challenge. The remit this week was to use either a freebie or something recycled. I chose to use four freebies for this card - all three stamps and the gorgeous purple and silver handmade paper. I don't do things by half!!
- Cardstock: White card for base, silver mirror card
- Paper: Woodland Folk A5 paper pack - used as a mat for fairy image
- Stamps: Christmas Fairy free from Cardmaking & Papercraft (coloured with Promarkers), Seasons Greetings freebie from Let's Get Crafting Issue 26, Happy New Year, Fiskars - a recent candy win from Sarah - both stamped in Versamark and embossed with Heat It Up silver embossing powder
- Embellishments: Anita's lilac/silver ribbon, silver snowflake trim, lilac gems
Close up of Christmas Fairy image
Side view of card
The back of the stamped image looks pretty because of the matting paper used.
The second card, Winter Bough, was bit more complicated to make and is for the Snoflake's Christmas Card Challenge on Docrafts.
- Cardstock - white for base, black & green for matting & Claritystamp white matt-coated A6 postcard (for inking and stamping)
- Design paper - Cosmo Cricket Sweater Weather (green/white) & Ribbonbox (black/white)
- Stamp - Penny Black Winter Bough
- Ink pad - Big & Juicy Mountain Meadow & Memories dye pad in black
- Embellishments - green/gold printed ribbon, Papermania A Silent Night Epoxy brads, green/black ribbon flower from stash.
Close up of inking and stamp
Close up of ribbon greeting and flower
This is the same technique (fast becoming one of my favourites) used for the Naked Tree card shown in previous post, masking of an area with post-its and inking with two colours from the Big & Juicy Mountain Meadow pad. The Penny Black Winter Bough stamp
Inside decoration (back similarly decorated)
Hope you like today's efforts - they are quite different styles of cards. I've already got someone in mind for the calender card - I have to because it's for 2011 and we are already 14 days into the new year : )
That's me almost finished for this evening and then it will be back to the book that is big enough to choke an elephant - see previous post!
Bye for now,