It's a miserable wet day here in Ayr but I believe some of you in other parts of the country are experiencing snow again, as if you haven't had enough already! Hopefully, it won't last and the snow won't lie.
It's my oldest grandson's 22nd birthday today and we were intending to visit William but I have a sore foot, can't put pressure on it, so the visit has had to be postponed for a day or two. Which means I can't post the birthday card I made for him here as I had intended.
So I thought I'd let you see one of the scrapbook layouts I did some time ago, in fact before I started making cards and before I started blogging about my experiences. A few of you may have already seen them on my Do-crafts gallery but I hope you won't mind this re-visit. So here is one of my first layouts:
Close-up of the handmade lace flower and stickpin:
- My Mind's Eye 'Wild Blossom Paper',
- Basic grey 'Indian Summer' in Woodrose,
- Green cardstock,
- 4 types of lace in cream, white and pink,
- Prima Essentials 'Shabby Chic' flowers in brown & pink,
- Handmade lace flower and stickpin,
- Rose sprays and pearl droplet trim from the haberdashery department of my local department store,
- Butterfly charms and pink heart-shaped buttons from The Works,
- Journal stamp from Papermania Boutique collection,
- Black Stazon ink
And talking about handmade flowers I've made my first concertina flower using the Hougie board my DH gave me for Christmas.
Over the next week or two I plan to post a few more of my scrapbook layouts. I really want to do a few more layouts for my heritage album and re-visiting the layouts I've already completed might just be the encouragement I need.
So now it's back to my Hougie board to try out something else.
Bye for now,