I hope this finds you well. I managed to make the card with the supplies I had lying out on my desk on Wednesday. I could/should have posted it earlier but it's been such a busy week, in the garden and out and about, and I have had very little time to spend here in my craft room, sigh. Still, today I have all day to potter in here so that's good :)
- base is a white 4"x6" card blank
- the front edges were inked using a Rose Pink ProMarker, and a ruler - with my hands I wouldn't trust myself to do it freehand!
- a sheet of pretty pink heart patterned paper, from LOTV Nitwit Collections Bonnets & Bowties paper pack, was trimmed, to fit the front leaving the pink edge showing, and adhered to the card.
- snippets of white and pink cardstock and the embossing folder were used to create the window and curtains. As all I wanted to emboss was the 'window' and 'curtain' I chose snippets that were not the full size of the folder but just big enough to cover the 'window' part. First the white card was passed through the embossing machine (my trusty Cuttlebug) and then the pink. Then I cut out the complete 'window' from the white card but only the 'curtains' from the pink card - these were then glued to the inside of the 'window frame'.
- another snippet of white card was used to stamp both the kitten and the greeting using a Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad. I then carefully trimmed round the kitten so that it could be fixed, using dimensional sticky pads, to the inside of the 'window', making sure that it's wee paws were 'clinging' to the 'windowsill'.
- a leftover scrap of the pink cardstock was used to mat the greeting after it was trimmed to size. It was then fixed to the front using sticky pads.
- pink gems were used as a final embellishing touch.
I'm submitting this card to the following challenges:
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 216 - It's a wee while since I popped over to the playground only to find that our Head Snippeteer, Di, isn't so good at the moment. Let's hope she makes a speedy recovery and is back in charge again soon. In the meantime, Sarn is doing a sterling job of keeping the playmates under control :)