I hope this finds you all well and enjoying whatever weather has been chucked at you, wherever you are. For the record it's dull and threatening rain here in Ayrshire. This has got to be the quickest post in history today - I have some packing to do! The card I'm sharing was made for my son, Alun, on his 46th birthday.
Sunday's Snippet post, Alun has his dreams and this plane is something like one of them. At the moment he flies a microlight but hopes to change it for something a bit more substantial ... his mum would be pleased with that too. Flying around in a flimsy looking machine that is powered by what sounds like a lawn mower engine doesn't fill me with confidence!
How I made it:
- I began by making the topper. The Molly Bloom image was stamped on to white watercolour paper using Stazon Jet Black Ink. Actually this was my second attempt - I really fluffed up the first by using the wrong ink pad! I then watercoloured it, using the illustration on the stamp packaging as a guide, with Spectrum Aqua markers.
- Next, I trimmed it down and matted it on to a layer of gold card and another of light turquoise - both pieces found in the snippet mountain.
- The base, a 6" square Kraft one, was covered in a sheet taken from Papermania's All Aboard 6x6 paper pad. A band made from a scrap length of gold card and a strip trimmed from another sheet of patterned paper, edges inked with Vintage Photo distress ink, was then attached across the middle of the card.
- The words and tag were cut from another two sheets from the same paper pad, edges inked with the Vintage Photo, and adhered, sort of randomly, on the base paper.
- The topper was then adhered to the card, slightly off-centre to allow the design on the paper to be seen.
- The final touches were to add the Dekromount die-cut word, son, coloured with one of the Aqua markers (Buttercup) already used in the colouring of the stamped image, and write 'Happy Birthday' with a Pigma Micron 03 black pen on the banner flying from the plane.
I'm submitting this card to the following challenges:
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 190 - snippets of gold and light turquoise cardstock used.
Seize the Birthday - Anything that Flies!
Addicted to Stamps Challenge Blog - Challenge #158 - Holiday
And the reason why I'm packing ... I'm sure you're dying to know! I'm off to the Flower Show at Southport this weekend, by car not microlight!, and I'm so looking forward to it. I've got my fingers crossed that the showers forecast will skip the where we will be just for the day ... a little bit of sunshine would be good too but maybe that's asking for a bit too much :)
Of course, I wish fair weather for you wherever you are this weekend too :)