Friday 3 April 2015

You're Special and Love You ...

... Scrap Page and the Card Made from the Leftovers

This is the page that was lying in bits on my desk in yesterday's WOYWW post.
It's made using some of the materials I included in yet another kit made by shopping from my stash ... still trying to use up as much of what I've already got squirreled away in the craft room! A Laura Whittaker, Scrappin Around The Clock, sketch ... there's also a matching card sketch ... provided a great basis for the layout. The pink base cardstock is from American Crafts and the heart patterned paper is Ka-Zoo Small Hearts. The photos of my smiling husband were taken in 1995, in Barmouth in Wales not many months after we met. They are matted on to a scrap of paper found in the snippet drawer - maker unknown but I think it came with a crafting magazine.
I used a My Paper World stencil, 'Memories and Vintage', and Hot Magenta Gentle Blends to add this word at the top of the page. That's Bella Boulevard Washi tape covering the edge of the patterned paper and the dotty paper that is just visible on either side of the photos came from the snippet drawer ... I traced the scalloped edge using a Kiwi Lane template (Paisley Place Mini).
I found the title in a set of Wedding Words, Kanban, that has been in my stash for at least a couple of years ... I'm such a hoarder!



The heart embellishments were die cut (X-Cut Nesting Hearts) from a Becky Higgins Project Life Jade Edition card. I don't mind cutting the cards up as there are so many provided in the set. Two more cards were used for the cluster bottom left. The clusters are embellished with Card Candi from Craftworks, Sherbet Pips, and Fun Fair enamel dots.

And this is the card created with the help of the matching sketch and made entirely from leftover scraps and snippets.

I'm pleased how these turned out ... having the sketches to work from helped. Also being inspired by Use Your Stash with the Scrap Stash Kit Club March colour theme to make a kit up from stash I already have.

Here's a few photos of the kit I made up.





As it is made almost entirely from snippets,I'm submitting the card to Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 170.

Thanks for looking.

Happy Crafting,

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Lovely photographs, a beautiful page and card :o)
Jackie xx

Di said...

What a beautiful layout Elizabeth! Everything looks so perfect - including your lovely hubby!

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

Fabulous layout and great card too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx