Hope you have all had a lovely day. It's been such a sunny day here that, after zipping through the dreaded housework, it was out into the garden to weed another stretch of border. Mind you, I'm paying for it now ... there's not a bone in my body that's not complaining :) Enough of that, let's get on to my latest project.
- I cut it down to a square measuring 2¾".
- Ironed some adhesive applique paper on to the back.
- Traced and cut out a heart shape on to copy paper, using a template found in a book of hearts, Hanging Hearts by Rachael Row from Search Press.
- Cut two heart shapes from the green/white polka dot cotton.
- Removed the backing from the applique and pressed it on to the heart shaped piece of cotton that would be the front then machine stitched around the sides of the snowdrop square using white silk thread and a satin stitch.
- The two sides of the heart were sewn together, adding a loop of white satin ribbon at the top before stitching.
- Finally, the heart was stuffed through a gap, deliberately left for just this purpose, which was then stitched up.
Though I realise I still have a lot to learn about stamping on fabric, I'm well pleased with this wee heart which is now gracing the hall here at Casa Worthington :)
Thanks for dropping in, as always, it's much appreciated. Have a great evening, what's left of it, and take care.