Saturday 11 April 2015

Put on your red shoes ...

... and dance the blues away!

What is it about red shoes ... I have always loved them and must have owned quite a few pairs in my long lifetime.  More than any other colour, red is the most cheering, especially in shoes, so when I spotted this topper in Hunkydory's Little Book of Decoupage I just had to make a card using it.

Materials used:

  • A6 white card blank
  • Red/white polka dot patterned paper from Raspberry Road Designs' Summer Goodness 6x6 card pack (freebie from Quick Cards some time last year, I think) cut to fit the card front leaving a narrow margin
  • The belly band, just visible under the topper, is a snippet of white card - the edge was die-cut using one of Tattered Lace's mini dies, a set of 20 bought at a bargain price - covered with a scrap of red organza ribbon
  • The topper from The Little Book of Decoupage, Sports, Hobbies & Pastimes from Hunkydory, cut to a circle using an X-cut die. 
  • Matting and layering the topper - I made the red layer is the polka dot paper again, this time the circle was made by tracing around the same circle die, the white layer was made with a snippet of white card die-cut using yet another X-cut die - this time from the Spiro Circle nesting set.
  • The shoe embellishment is another Spiro circle cut from a scrap of white card topped with two tiny red shoes, another of the dies from Tattered Lace mini set. They are cut from yet another snippet - this time red mirror card.
  • The birthday greeting, another of the Tattered Lace mini set, was cut out from snippets of white for the front of the card, and red mirror for the inside.
  • The teeny wee daisy motifs in the corner are from the waste produced from trying out my new Tonic Daisy Border punch.



The inside and back decorated with off-cuts of the polka dot paper and one of the tiny shoes.

I see I have less than 10 minutes to hop over to Pixie's Snippet's Playground or I will miss the deadline! As this is my only snippet make this week that would be just too bad of me.

Thanks for popping in. I hope you have a very good weekend.

Happy Crafting,

6 comments:

Di said...

Tee, hee - you just nipped in! Gorgeous card - and I love red shoes too :)

Hugs

Di xx

Liz said...

What a brilliant card! I know someone who would love to receive a card like this - I've never known anyone to buy so many pairs of shoes! Hope you made it to the Playground in time! xx

Carole Pollard said...

Fabulous I love red shoes as well this is perfect love and hugs Carole x

Jean said...

A super card Elizabeth, I love the red shoes and the dotty paper.
Jean x

Marie-Louise said...

Fantastic card Elizabeth. I love the red shoes.

Carole Pollard said...

Gorgeous spring flowers I love the colours love and hugs Carole x