Tuesday 11 September 2012

Little bird Note Card - a snippet card

Hi Everyone,

As usual, I hope you are all well and have had a lovely day.

Not much going on here ... well, that's not exactly true but most of the goings on have been of the domestic variety. Sigh ... I keep hoping that some kind little pixie will come in while I'm sleeping and magic away the dust but no such luck :(

Anyway, last night I finished reading a very interesting book about cows ... yes, you read that right - cows! Entitled The Ladies of Low Arvie, it is an entertaining account of the ups and downs a couple from Yorkshire experienced when they decided to follow their dream and settle on a farm near Castle Douglas in the south-west of Scotland. Castle Douglas, near Dumfries, is one of our head-to places when we feel like a drive down that way. The ladies of the title are the cows!


It was such a good read that I decided that my brother, Douglas, would perhaps enjoy it too ... he farmed in the Dumfries area back in the eighties before moving to Berwickshire to run his own dairy business. He's retired now and not in the best of health but still likes to read a lot.

And, of course, I needed to enclose a card with the book. Only, I didn't have one suitable for the occasion ... a drawer full of cards and not one suitable! A quick and easy make was called for. There's not much to it, a ready-made base card, some patterned paper from the Wild Rose Studio's For Men 6x6 pack, a snippet of embossed card and my last decoupaged bird topper by Kanban.


That snippet of embossed card  - Spellbinders M-Bossabilities, Nobility, Design A on smooth white card inked with TH's Pumice Stone - qualifies the card for Di's Snippet Challenge #37.

Di is still on her jollies and having a great time filling her cases with crafting goodies from the Guadalupe's Fun Rubber Stamp Store, Hobby Lobby  and Michaels. And she got to meet the lovely Kay, 505 Whimsy Girl, too. Jealous? Me? Whatever makes you think that? :))


The Boss has just come in to give me an update on her day - she has a lot to say for herself so she's clearly had her work cut out protecting the estate from other feline intruders, not to mention those meeces that she hates to pieces! And having done that she has now found a sun ray streaming through the window - the perfect place to settle down for a much-needed snooze ... it's a hard life being a cat.

My plans for the evening are simple. A spell of blog hopping and commenting and then back to the craft space to tackle the next project on my list.

Wishing you all a lovely evening and happy crafting,

9 comments:

CraftygasheadZo said...

Super card, Elizabeth. I know the feeling I have a box of cards but never the right one! Take Care Zo xx

Sandra H said...

It's gorgeous Elizabeth x

Jackie said...

A beautiful little card, what a lovely image :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

so gorgeous elizabeth.the bird is beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Sarn said...

Great card to enclose with the book. Nice that you enjoyed the book so much.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Mrs A. said...

Bird cards are always to pretty to make. Love the topper on this one. Hugs Mrs a.

Di said...

What a lovely card Elizabeth - such a perky little bird too :)

Sadly, holiday is almost over - said goodbye to Kay this evening, both of us sort of wailing 'I had such a great time' through tears :( But, here's hoping she gets to the UK really soon.

Hugs, Di xx

Amanda said...

Such a perfect card, I can see you getting more of those toppers as they are gorgeous. Hugs, Amanda x

~Tammy~ said...

Do you know how many times I search my "drawers" full of cards to not find what I need...too often.

I love the edge and overall a gorgeous make!