Saturday 8 September 2012

Back to School - Scrap Our Stash

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are enjoying the weekend so far. I've been pottering away in the craft space ... and I can sum the day up as done a lot, accomplished little :)

The Scrap our Stash challenge's theme this month is BTS which usually means Back to School, but the twist in the challenge is that we are to use your stash with anything that begins with the letters B T S.


However, the first thing I thought of when I read the theme, BTS, for September's Scrap Our Stash challenge was this photograph. Taken in 2000, it's of three of my grandchildren, looking incredibly smart and, judging by their smiles, ready for their first day back at school after the summer holidays.

So I decided to go ahead and create a layout entitled Back To School but in the spirit of the challenge I used (B)uttons, (T)rim and (S)teve's Pages from my stash.

I truly raided my stash for this layout so the papers are not from a particular collection but from various sources - Sugartree's Steve's Pages, School Days; Sandylion's School Pencil Crayons (matting); Daisy Bucket's, My Little Monster's Share Your Toys (trim) and Bloomin Paislies, Charming Claire (flowers) ; Fancy Pants Kraft Kuts Ledger (journaling). Somehow it worked!

The apple, in the bottom left corner, on the School Days paper made a perfect photo corner ... after it was cut around with a craft knife. The two leaves die-cut from Kraft paper are also tucked into the slit at the top of the apple.

The stickers, including the title alphas, are from an Inspirations bumper book of stickers from Designworks that I've had for years and the buttons are also from stash.


If you would like to participate in Scrap Our Stash challenge this month it's easy to join in. Just create a scrap layout or card on the theme of BTS and submit it to Deb - you'll find all the details you need on the blog - and you will be given a warm welcome :)

Twelve years ago makes this William's last year at Primary School - he's now a tall, very tall, and strapping 23 year old ... how time flies! It was just a stroke of luck that the EM was there that morning with his camera at the ready. At the time we lived in England and I think, because we were planning to relocate to bonnie Scotland, we were on a house-hunting trip in the area. 

Right, time to think about dinner. As the EM isn't here, I can indulge myself with a vegetarian meal - I'm thinking couscous with roast veggies tonight. The EM is definitely a carnivore and doesn't go in much for vegetarian cuisine but it's definitely my preference.

Hope you all have a lovely evening and I'll probably be here again tomorrow.

Happy Crafting,


6 comments:

BJ said...

Great scrappage Elizabeth. I rarely use a set of anything just my own way of mix and match and you have made a fine job of that here too. It is great the way you have added the single photos taken from the main one. Shows they are together but also individual, love it. Apple looks almost good enough to eat! BJ

Rita said...

How Lovely Elizabeth. Its such a colourful page too. Enjoy your Evening. See you Soon. Hugs Rita xx

Victoria said...

What a lovely photo to scrap. The bright flowers work well with the pencil crayons in the paper, and I like the krafty journalling square to the right. Enjoy your meal!

Marie-Louise said...

Great job Elizabeth - well done.

Julia Dunnit said...

In the blood carnivore here too E, I love the idea of your supper, but can't help feeling it could be improved with bacon!! I love that you've scrapped UIU, it's a fab LO and of course, all the sweeter for being a user upper! See when you say 2000, it doesn't seem as long ago as twelve years..why is that?!

Sandra H said...

This is such a brilliant Page Elizabeth you must be so proud x