Sunday 7 April 2024

Sunday Witterings


Thought I would post what I've been up to today. It's been such a lovely warm day, despite the wind which shows no signs of letting up just yet, I went out for a walk. That doesn't sound like something to shout about, but if I tell you that 've been almost completely housebound these last few months then I think you'll agree it's something to be very happy about.

It was just a walk around the block but that took me to the nature reserve at the top of the road I live in. I did have an ulterior motive for going that way. Foraging. Given that there's nothing blooming in my very sad garden, I was desperately seeking materials for tomorrow's In A Vase On Monday. I went armed with my trusty secateurs and a bag in which to carefully stash my foraged goodies. The results to be revealed tomorrow.

Home again, I settled down to a latte and the April edition of The Simple Things magazine. It's the perfect read for a Sunday afternoon. I'm halfway through Kate Humble's A Year of Living Simply. It's my aim now to live as simply as possible, However, I won't be jaunting off to America or the Netherlands as Kate has done for her book. All that travel can't be good for the planet!

So far it's been a good day. That doesn't sound so very earth shattering but after the last few months of coming to terms with life as it is now, and not how it was, it definitely is. I'll say no more. Instead I'll leave you with a photo of Silver who just has to get involved in scrapping with me. 

Take care everyone,

Elizabeth

2 comments:

LesleyG said...

Sounds good to me, it’s the simple things that can make a difference. Cats are so funny…sleep anywhere except on their bedxxx

Sandra H said...

Your cats adorable x