Monday 8 April 2024

In A Vase on Monday

Good Morning Everyone,

As mentioned in my last post, due to the paucity of material in my garden, I've been foraging up in the nature reserve for today's In A Vase On Monday. I was hoping to find trees in blossom but it's too early just yet. Buds are just forming on the hawthorn trees (crataegus) but otherwise there are no flowers. 
Nevertheless, all the different shades of green found make a fresh and pretty display. Unfortunately, except for the hawthorn, I don't know the names of the other trees I snipped from. 
I'll leave you with this shot of this stunning camelia, smothered in blossoms now, growing in a neighbour's garden. I've been keeping my eye on it for a while wondering how well it would do this year. My patience has been rewarded. It has excelled itself this year.

For many more colourful displays do pop over to Cathy's blog, Rambling in the Garden. Cathy's vase includes tulips that are much more bright and colourful than my all-green offering. 

Take care everyone,
Elizabeth

1 comment:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Elizabeth, it looks lovely in your beautiful vase, it showcases the greenery beautifully. I love the camellia bush too. I've a sasanqua camellia and it's in a very pretty bloom of white tipped with pink but I don't pick it. It drops very quickly. My roses are still flowering so have a bunch of those. I'm recovering from a lower right shin skin graft 5cm x 5cm so not doing much, but it's going well so that's a blessing. I pray for you each day. Take care and God bless you.
Prayer hugs Shaz in Oz.x