Sunday 23 June 2019

Christmas Card Club - Card 13/2019 - Christmas Flowers

Evening Everyone,

Apologies for the lateness of this post - I've been totally hooked on the tennis at Queens this week and couldn't drag myself away from the two finals on today. In my defence I did do some colouring whilst parked in front of the TV for this fortnight's Christmas Card Club challenge - the theme set for us by Kate, aka Culliesocks, is Christmas Flowers.
Recently, on YouTube, I've discovered a very talented cardmaker, Ruth of Artful Stampin, and I've been especially inspired by her method of making 'one sheet wonder' cards that I hadn't seen before.
So, I had a go and these four cards are the result. This was my first attempt at Ruth's method and the result is anything but perfect but I thoroughly enjoyed the process.

Supplies used:

  • 1 x sheet of Neenah Solar White smooth cardstock 
  • Stamps taken from a variety of sources - the poinsettia and the greenery is from the Winter Collection by Penny Black; the sprigs of holly from Scenic Stamps Woodland Cottage set; the red berries are another Penny Black stamp, Winter Berries; the snowflakes are from Santa Claus is coming to town and the greeting is from an old, but much loved, magazine freebie which might be entitled Believe in the Magic of Christmas
  • Inks - Versafine Olympia Green and Crimson Red; Archival Ink Jet Black
  • Versamark and Gold embossing powder for the poinsettias and sprigs of holly
  • ProMarkers - a variety of reds, greens and yellows
  • 2 x sheets of dark green A4  cardstock, trimmed to create 4 card bases

That's it for CCC today but I hope you will pop over to see what my teammates have created for Kate's challenge today - you'll find a list of their names and links on my right sidebar - they are always so much more creative than me.
Take care everyone and I hope the week ahead is a good one for you.

11 comments:

Rita said...

Fabulous set of cards Elizabeth. Kate will love them. Hugs Rita xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Oh my so beautiful Elizabeth, wonderful design, fabulous stamping and colouring, I love them, and perfect for the challenge, Kate x x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Elizabeth
Love your cards... really beautiful...
Will look Ruth up...
Hugs Sylvie xx

dutchess said...

Beautiful stamping and colouring Elizabeth...it’s not a technique I have come across but it is really effective your cards are gorgeous...
I have been glued to the tv and the tennis...watched all of the french open and queens...we really are in for a treat the next 3 weeks as well...xxxxx

Christine Harrop said...

Hi Elizabeth.I really love the poinsettia border along the bottom of your card. It looks so effective. You collection will grow rapidly if you do more of these "one sheet wonder" cards. Christine x

gwen70 said...

Love love love these cards, really must go and look at you tube. xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

These cards are gorgeous, love the clean and simple design around the fabulous stamping.
Lorraine

Mrs A. said...

Just watched the video and how to make this style of card. Really awesome technique which I think you have accomplished perfectly. These four cards are lovely. Hugs Mrs A.

Sandra H said...

Stunning Elizabeth are your cards and l just love poinsettia's xx

Sandra H said...

Just watched the youtube video how inspiring got to give it a go myself thank you for the link x

rachel said...

Really pretty cards - I love your design Elizabeth - fabulous! Hugs rachel xx