Monday 18 June 2018

In A Vase On Monday - A Wild Bunch

Afternoon Everyone,

It's a wee while since I joined in with Cathy's In A Vase On Monday but I'm back blogging again so here's my vase for today.
All flowers from the wildflower patch - white oxeye daisies, blue centaura dealbata, orange hawkweed, purple thistles inappropriately called Cirsium 'Trevor's Blue Wonder' and white ground elder flowers.
I could have chosen any number of roses today but my wildflower patch has taken such a bashing from the storm recently that I preferred to rescue some of them before they are completely ruined. 
Here's a close up of the Cirsium - it's definitely purple and not blue as the name would suggest. I've decided that as I can't win with the ground elder then I will make the best of it and add it to the vase today. 

Happy to be back and flower gathering again.

8 comments:

Kris Peterson said...

Summer in a vase!

Cathy said...

Definitely reminiscent of a summer meadow! I added this cirsium earlier this year,along with another variety, one of which is just about to flower - must check the label to see which it is. Isn't orange hawkweed stunning? Such a wonderful colour

Donna said...

Welcome back and what a lovely bunch of wildflowers to celebrate with!

ks said...

You can't go wrong with Daisies !

Annie said...

Simply beautiful Ellie. Happy memories of our week spent together.
Hugs,
Annie x

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely beautiful Elizabeth, wonderful blooms and beautifully displayed, Kate x x

Carole Pollard said...

So pretty Love and hugs Carole x

www.wordsandherbs.com said...

It is a lovely summery arrangement and I love the fact that you have used some ground elder flowers! I have a problem with it too and have more or less given up the battle! The orange hawkweed is also very striking. :)