Wednesday 20 September 2017

WOYWW - Week 433

Evening Everyone,

Thought I'd never get here today! WOYWW had to wait because I've had a little visitor, my great-grandson, and his daddy, so have been busy. Got to admit too that once he had gone I sat down and fell asleep on the sofa - I was exhausted! Still, it was lovely to see them both. Anyway, here at last is what's on my desk today.
There's a box of Christmas stamps out and I've started making card toppers with them - hence the pile of white card cut to size. Rudolph Day is just a few days away and I'm told it is only about twelve weeks to Christmas so time to make a few more cards than the one a month I've been managing up to now. Behind the saucer with the wet wipe there's a dish full of Stickles - I've propped them upside down in the hope that there's still some life in them. If not, I'll have to toss them and start anew.

So there you are. Not a lot going on creatively ... well, not that I can show you. I do, however, just have to share these with you:
Our first apples from the tree we planted just two years ago. Last year we didn't have any fruit but this year there's loads. They are fresh, crisp and juicy too.

Not long now until the Crop now - just a few more sleeps :)

Have a wonderful week everyone.

12 comments:

Annie said...

Better late than never Ellie and what a lovely reason for your lateness. It's always lovely to have special visitors.
Just look at your amazing apples....are they eaters or cookers? I can smell them from here. I'm really looking forward to the crop and like you am counting down the days.
See you soon
Hugs,
Annie x #13

glitterandglue said...

Hi Elizabeth. We do all seem to be manically busy doing all sorts at the moment, don't we?! Well done on the apples - don't they look great gathered together like that?
See you soon - as you say - not many sleeps now...
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, I'm liking the look of your Christmas stamping. Your apples look lovely. My trees are about five years from planting now but this has definitely been the best year so far. I think the start of the flowering season was good which is why they have done so well. So wish I could be with you all at the Crop but sadly not. Have a great crafty woyww, Angela x17x

April said...

Poinsettias are so pretty - I bet your card will be lovely. Congrats on your apples soon. :-)
April #35

Helen said...

great harvest from your new tree! Well done starting your cards. I suppose I will, eventually!! Helen #1

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Elizabeth, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone at the crop too. What a great crop of apples too (sorry couldn't resist). Hope you get some additional life out of those Stickles. Sarah #18

Lunch Lady Jan said...

We were looking after our great niece and nephew at the family wedding last weekend - you forget how tiring small kids are!! I don't blame you for having a little sleep :-D. Well done for getting on top of your Christmas cards, I've got about four projects that need doing and am procrastinating about them all!! Looking forward to seeing you at the Crop :-D
Hugs LLJ 8 xxxx

Sandra H said...

Looks like a project is about to happen and wow your fruit looks so yummy nice that you got apples this year and after only two years that's brilliant x

May said...

Fabulous harvest Elizabeth seeing the tree has been just planted for two years... my neighbour gave me two large bags of cooking apples so I have enough frozen apple to last the year... Your so correct about Christmas I must start some cards soon.. your desk is looking very busy....I have my Grandchildren on Tuesday's... 3 year old and a 11 month old... I am exhausted by the time Mum picks them up...but I would not swap their smiles for anything... Have a happy week ahead ... May #11

Monica said...

What yummy looking apples. I understand only too well the little afternoon nap after a busy time. I am sure a little child is very exhausting.
Happy crafting days
Monica #24 and thanks for visiting.

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Elizabeth,lots of interesting stuff on your desk this week. And those apples! Incredible.Sorry I'm late this week, but I ended up wiped out. Feel better today though, so hopefully I'm past the worst of it. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #2 XxX

Twiglet said...

I'm soooo late getting round a few desks this week. Ben was three yesterday so I have a good excuse! Wow what fab apples - we have planted a little tree this year - let's hope we get the same results. xx Jo