Sunday 17 September 2017

Sunday Snippet Cards - A Kaleidoscope of Butterflies

Evening Everyone,

It's been a lovely autumnal day here ... perfect for the day out at Portpatrick Harbour to celebrate DH's 79th birthday. For those of you who follow me on Facebook pop over to see photos taken today.

There was, though, a definite nip in the air so I think it's safe to say that summer is over. Not to worry, autumn here in Scotland is glorious and our summer hasn't been all that good ... not good enough to miss, that's for sure. And it does mean that I will be spending less time gardening and more time crafting. Now, that's got to be good because it will mean I can get back to posting more often on this much neglected blog ... starting with sharing this trio of snippets cards.




As you can see the design is similar in all of them and they all feature butterflies. The strips of card are leftovers from an earlier session when I played with the various colours in my Brusho collection. I layered them on to scraps of solid coloured card before adhering them to the face of the card blanks. The butterflies were cut from snippets of card using two of the new die sets bought recently from The Range.

Supplies used:

  • card blanks 
  • leftover pieces of white card spattered with Brushos in a variety of colours, trimmed to create strips
  • scraps of card in green, yellow and pink for the layers under the Brusho strips to create the panels
  • snippets of card in green, aqua, yellow, turquoise and pink for the butterflies
  • butterfly dies - Xcut Dinky Die - Butterfly and Dovecraft Mini die - Layering Butterfly

I'd like to say that these made a huge dent in my scrap mountain but, sadly, they did not. I've been thinking of taking another approach to this problem, that is apart from tossing them all in the bin - I couldn't do that - and after watching a few YouTube videos on the subject I'm going to have a bash at making up card kits to have ready to work on at any time I have a free moment. I'm hoping the initial time taken to make up the kits will, in the end, be worth it. Grabbing a few kits to work on whilst watching TV of an evening would seem a good plan. And it also occurs to me that the youngsters in the family might like some to be creative with. It's worth a try. I'll let you know if it proves to be a successful approach - or not.

In the meantime, I'm submitting one of these cards to Pixie's Snippets Playground. I'm just not sure which one - decisions, decisions!

Hope you have all had a wonderful weekend and that the coming week is going to be a good one.

6 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely beautiful cards Elizabeth, wonderful colours, especially the backgrounds, love all three, Kate x

Jean said...

A very pretty set of lovely butterfly cards.
Jean x

Megan J said...

Hi Elizabeth, three stunning cards using up some wonderful Brusho papers, love the strip of brusho and the brightly coloured butterflies... have a wonderful week... Megan

Sandra H said...

Oooh just so pretty x

Hos Egebjerg said...


I'm crazy about your cards because there are butterflies on them. Butterflies mean a lot to me. Just before I lost my little sister to cancer, she told me. Think about me every time you see a butterfly. So every time I see a butterfly I think even more powerful on my little sister. Portpatrick Habour (I googled it and looking at pictures) seems to be a beautiful place to celebrate DH's birthday, congratulations to DH. Hugs a have a nice day.

Di said...

I love each one of your butterfly snippet cards Elizabeth! So pretty!

Hugs

Di xx