Tuesday 26 September 2017

Butterflies and Roses - A Card for Nothing

Morning Everyone,

Apart from the white card base this card has cost me nothing to make. The topper is recycled from a birthday card received, oh maybe two or three years ago ... I find it nearly impossible to throw pretty cards away! I carefully trimmed round the image with scissors and then matted it on to a scrap of leftover orange card. The background paper is also leftover from quite a few years ago and the butterflies were die cut from the last snippets of the orange card.

As it's all old stash I couldn't possibly list the supplies used, though I do think the orange card is textured and  from Docrafts Papermania - it's one of my favourite brands of cardstock. And the butterflies were cut with the XCut Dinky Die that I've been using a lot recently.

Short and sweet today. I have a hair appointment early morning and then DH & I are spending the day with friends. The sky is blue and the sun is already shining so it looks like it's going to be the perfect autumn day.

I hope you all have a lovely day too.

5 comments:

Valerija said...

Lovely and sweet card Elizabeth.
Have a great day.
Valerija xx

Tina Z. said...

such a beautiful card, I love the lovely image. I recycle old cards too.
hugs xx

cuilliesocks said...

Just gorgeous Elizabeth, such a pretty image and beautifully designed, Kate x

Sandra H said...

Oooh this is what l like to see......recycled fronts your card Elizabeth is gorgeous x

Mrs A. said...

I'm glad. That
I'm not the only one that hoards the pretty pictures from bought cards. It is such a pity not to reuse them. I have just bought some of those dinky dies though I have not used them yet. Hugs Mrs A.