Friday 10 February 2017

Friday Smiles - Polka Dots!

Afternoon Everyone,

It's Friday - the day of the week we join Annie at A Stitch In Time with whatever has made us smile this week. So what makes me smile? Well, this did for starters, and it got me thinking about, and looking around my home, at all the dotty stuff there is in it. There's a lot!
I do love polka dots. They are fun and they are happy to have around. I was a child in the fifties so this obsession love probably has its origins there. I remember that polka dotted skirts and dresses were all the vogue then.
Whatever the reason, I have them 'dotted' all around my home today. For example, this set of cake/biscuit tins are a cheery addition to our kitchen ... not to mention the yummy goodies inside!

I am even wearing them.
My old, but much loved slippers. I call them my Minnie Mouse slippers - you'd think at my age perhaps I should grow up ... maybe I'm regressing to my second childhood. Whatever, it's a happy place to be :)

And here's a sad reminder that dots need company before they can be called polka dots.

Enough silliness from me today!

I wish you all a very smiley and happy weekend.

9 comments:

Annie said...

Hehehe I have to say I'm pretty dotty too Ellie....maybe we should start a club? I love spotty fabrics cos they can be combined with all sorts so do have several pieces in all sorts of colours.
Hope you have a fun week.
Hugs,
Annie x

Barb said...

A lovely post Elizabeth and those Minnie Mouse slippers look nice and comfy. I have a pair of pink slippers with pink flowers on which live in my craft cabin! We're all little girls at heart! Barbxx

mamapez5 said...

Oh a sad little lonely dot. At least you have plenty for it to 'polka' with. You made me think, and I do have a couple of dotty things around, though it is far from being an obsession with me. But I do remember a polka dot dress that I thought I was 'the bees knees' in, many moons ago. Hugs Kate x

Lisca said...

Thank you Elizabeth, that made me smile. I'm not feeling very well today and have spent the day in berd. Now it is 10:30 pm and I had a cup of tea and looked at a few blog posts. Just the ticket!
Have a great weekend,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Brilliant Elizabeth! so love anything spotty stuff. I don't know why but they always make me smile. Have a great weekend, Angela xxx

Creative Cardiology said...

Those tins look so cheerful and would certainly brighten up any space. And feel free to regress, my motto is "Doesn't matter how my birthdays I celebrate, I'll be 18 till the day I die".
Have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Michelle

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Aw so true no polka without another dot. Love the red slippers and bows... remind me a little of wizard of Oz and Dorothy's red slippers...😁
Happy Smiles day...
Thanks for sharing your smiles,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Carole Pollard said...

Great post I love polka dots I have several bags and scarves and a couple of jumpers so I'm in the Polka Dot club as well Love and hugs Carole x

Lynn Holland said...

I love colour the brighter the better. Your tins are fab and the little dot sign raised a chuckle
Lynn xx