... and happy Tuesday to you all. It's a damp dreary day here - ideal crafting weather for me, especially now that I have my craft room back. It's taking time to settle into some sort of crafting routine again and there are times when I can't find stuff, e.g. I spent far too much time looking for the pot of gilding wax I wanted for this card I'm sharing today - a card for Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 197.
Greta. The base of the frame is funky foam which has been foiled in silver before being die-cut ...the funky foam gives the frame great dimension.
How I made the card:
- I chose a square black 5" square card and then cut a square from a snippet of white card just a bit smaller for the front.
- The white card was then embossed with a Dragonfly folder. As the width of the card is wider than the folder I had to emboss it in two passes through the machine.
- The edges of the embossed card were then gilded and buffed up before attaching it to the front of the base card.
- The frame was then added to the front.
- I then stamped and heat embossed the dragonfly in silver, twice - once on another snippet of white card and then on another of white vellum, before die-cutting both images. The two images were then glued together before fixing it to the middle of the frame.
- I then made three vellum roses using a spiral flower die. After rolling and gluing the roses into shape, the petal edges were touched with a little of the silver gilding wax before attaching them to the lower left corner of the frame.
- The final touch for the card front was to add pearls to the centre of the roses and two crystals to the dragonfly.
Black 5" square base card
White card and white vellum snippets
The silver foiled frame from Greta
Craft Concepts Dragonfly embossing folder
Pebeo Silver gilding wax
Creative Dies Dragonfly die & stamp set, and Spiral Flower Die
VersaMark ink pad
Heat It Up Silver embossing powder
Crafty Notions Silver mica powder
Crystal gems and pearls
I'm off to see what else I can make from all the goodies I
Wishing you all an enjoyable evening.