Wednesday 14 May 2014

WOYWW Wk 258

Afternoon WOYWWers, Followers, Fellow Crafters and All,

Yes, it's afternoon already and this is me just turning up for Julia's What's On Your Desk Wednesday! I didn't forget, it's just that there has been far too many interruptions this morning and this is the first opportunity I've had to sit down and join in the fun.
I can't say I've had much time to spend at my desk recently but on checking the Filofax this morning I was reminded that it's my younger brother's birthday in a few days so, of course, I went into panic mode and rushed to create a card for him. And to make it I've used much of the stuff spread around the mat - scissors, inks, stamps and stamp blocks, splodge mat, and even the grubby looking bit of inky sponge. That pile on the left is scraps and leftovers from earlier projects - there because I'm determined to use as many as possible rather than stash them away somewhere just to be forgotten. At the back you can see what I consider to be a crafting session essential - a lovely cup of tea :)

Late as I am, I am determined to visit as many of you as possible before the midnight hour strikes because I won't be around next week ... I'm babysitting two grandchildren and Max, the wee Jack Russell, while my daughter and her hubby are off to Southern Ireland on a jolly organised by the National Deaf Association. Of course the EM will be staying here to look after The Boss and keep the home fires burning :)

Have a great week wherever you are and whatever you are doing.

Happy WOYWW and happy crafting too,

15 comments:

my cup of tea said...

Better late than never! The card looks really nice! I am sure he will love it!
donna #83

Nikki said...

Great Space so nice and tidy and what a sweet card your making. Oh that's a kewl stamping block in an L shape who made that? hugs Nikki 6

Di said...

Hi Elizabeth! Looks like a lovely card there. And, I might be wrong, but isn't that actually a stamp positioner - fore runner to the Stamp-a-ma-jig made by SU? I have one here too, many years old and am sure it came from Lakeland Limited.

I did grin about the white boots memories - me too!! I had a pair that were white PVC, soft and shiny with elasticated tops so they stayed up. Crumbs, what a delight to yank them off at the end of an evening out! Feet and legs throbbed for hours afterwards! :)

Hope you have a good time next week - take some crafty bits, even just some colouring stuff. You might have some little helpers :)

Hugs, Di xx

Amy E said...

You're a girl after my own heart Elizabeth...I've been working so hard to try to use up my scraps instead of just stashing them and making new ones!

Is your daughter or her hubby deaf?!? My daughter works in the deaf community here in Seattle Washington at a place called the Abused Deaf Women's Advocacy Services (ADWAS)She's been there for years and it's absolutely her passion!

Happy WOYWW!
Amy E. #3
Scrapthissavethat.com

akilli melek said...

love the colourful background for your stamping

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That's a lovely bright card! At least you spotted it was your brother's birthday with a little time to spare.....
Hope you have a smashing time next week :-)
Hugs, LLJ 22 xx

Andrea said...

Hi Elizabeth what a lovely card I love the colour scheme you’ve used and the blending is beautiful. Great filofax too mine has just broken (I’ve had it at least 10 years!) on the look out for a new one..I like your cover .a women after my own heart also have a stash of left overs great for die cutting etc so I cant possibly through them out! (I’ve a file its getting a bit full now ) hope you have a good time next week and enjoy the babysitting crafty hugs Andrea #11

fairy thoughts said...

Hi Elizabeth
I hate it when I suddenly remember that I have to make a card quickly .... the pressure and worse still a male card. you've done a grand job and I hope he has a lovely birthday
enjoy the grandies .. time goes so quickly doesn't it?
janet #5

fairy thoughts said...

me again I just noticed the list on your side bar of abbreviations... it did make me laugh and I've often wondered what EM stood for .... you may remember, I have a handyman too, even my work colleagues call him that now lol
janet

April said...

What a great card! You are better than me - I would be making my brother's birthday card on the day of my brother's birthday. lol Enjoy the grandkids and granddog.
April #75

Krisha said...

It is still Wednesday here in California, so your not late LOL
Great card. I keep whittling on my stash pile, some of the bigger pieces are becoming smaller pieces, but neither pile seems to be shrinking....LOL
Have a great week
Krisha #19

Bridget Larsen said...

That is a gorgeous card, love the colour combination and it will be well received
Bridget #4

Chrysalis said...

Hi Elizabeth - you sound mega-busy this week. No wonder you haven't spent much time at the desk. The card is looking great, BTW. Have a lovely time childminding! Love, Chris # 23

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

That is such a pretty card, Elizabeth. I wish I was sorted out with cards this year. Last year, I was rubbish at remembering anything and I do not see to be much better this year so far. Thank you for commenting on my embroidery design cards. They were just too pretty to leave them languishing in a cupboard for ever. Hope your babysitting goes well. have fun. xx Maggie #20

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You thought YOU were late. Here it is nearly WOYWW again and I'm just now visiting. That's a lovely card, and I see you showed the finished one above. I also like how you stamped the envelope. You make BEAUTIFUL cards.

Bleubeard wants to say hi to Bonnie. He thinks they share a kinship, since they are both on blog banners (grin). Thanks for the visit last week and a happy very belated WOYWW from #1.