Sunday 4 May 2014

Sunday Snippet Card - Let's Bee Friends

Afternoon Everyone,

And happy Sunday to you too.

I have a quick Sunday Snippet Card for Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 123 to share with you today ... the haste is because we are off to the market and car boot sale for a rake about. The topper is another from the recent colouring session.
The cute image is one that came in a free pack in one of the cardmaking magazines bought last year ... coloured with ProMarkers and matted and layered on to scraps of pink and turquoise card.

I used a couple of scraps of leftover patterned paper (another magazine freebie I think) to cover the white card base and added a belly band created from a strips of white and pink card, both with the edges punched - the white with hearts and the pink scalloped - and trimmed with a length of flower printed ribbon.

The silver peel-offs I've used to decorate are from a sheet that is so old I've forgotten the name of the maker. As this is true of almost everything that went into the making of this card I'm claiming the right, as laid down by Jules, to take Sunday off and not to list them at all :)

I hope you've enjoyed the weekend so far. It's the May Day holiday weekend here but the weather hasn't been too good so far ... the sun seems to have gone on holiday too! So instead of sunning ourselves we went out shopping yesterday ... to Dunelm Mill ... just for some thread, that's all, honest! So I really don't know how several lengths of beautiful fabric dropped into my basket, but it did, and being a real softy, I hadn't the heart to do anything but pay for it at the cash desk :) Now, all I need to do is find the time to get the sewing machine out.

And for tomorrow we are planning a visit to Culzean Castle ... I have a notion to visit the walled garden ... looking at someone else's garden will be a welcome change from working in our weed-infested patch - the ground elder is beginning to get the better of me!

So whatever you are doing this weekend have a great time.

Happy crafting,

11 comments:

Diane said...

Greetings Elizabeth this is too cute, what a fun image.

Hugs diane

scrappymo! said...

Hope you had lots of fun at the car boot sale...and the castle walled garden sounds lovely!
What a sweet card. The hedgies are always so cute and the belly band in th two tones looks lovely! Pretty papers and pretty design, Elizabeth!

Sandra H said...

Oh this is another of your gorgeous creations Elizabeth with lots of lovely detail and so beautifully presented hope you enjoyed your day and got some bargains xxx

Hettie said...

Gorgeous card there Elizabeth. I love that stamp.
Funny you are talking about bees as we are watching the Bee series on BBC4 - via i player. We collected a swarm today so fingers crossed!
The sun has been holidaying down south today. I shall ask if he will come up to you tomorrow.
Hugs
xx

Jackie said...

A very cute card Elizabeth. I hope your visit today goes well. We have wonderful sunshine here at the moment :o)
Jackie xx

Di said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Elizabeth. LOVE the hedgie image! Spike is doing the nightly rounds of the Playground here :)

I did giggle about you having a rake about - well put!

Hugs, Di xx

Carole Pollard said...

Your card is lovely. I love the image so cute and lovely papers and embellishments too. Sounds like you are having a great weekend I love Dunelm and like you I rarely leave with an empty bag Enjoy the walled garden and the rest of the May Day weekend Love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Elizabeth - I have such a soft spot for the hedgies. Marvellous colouring. Enjoy your day out.

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Elizabeth,

What a cute card. I love the hedgehogs. The papers and embellishments you used are adorable - love the ribbon.

I hope you had a great time at Culzean Castle. I haven't done any planting yet. The rule of thumb here is to not plant anything before Mother's Day. We had a hard frost just last week.

Hugs,
Kay

Sarn said...

Hi Elizabeth - hope you had a lovely time at the castle today.

This card is so sweet and the die cut loveheart border is the perfect embellishment along with your peel offs.

Good idea to have a good old colouring-in session so you have ready-done images for later.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Irene said...

Just brilliant, the little hedgie is just too cute. Did you find anything interesting at the car boot and market??
luv
irene
xxxx