Saturday 24 May 2014

A Girl Can Never Have Too Many Shoes

Hello Everyone

This, if I've set it correctly, is another scheduled post. I'm still away on childminding and dogminding duty. I mentioned in an earlier post that I had been making a cushion for another of my granddaughters - there's three of them altogether - and this is it.
It's Jolene's 14th birthday today - quite the young lady now and, though she doesn't wear killer heels yet, I'm sure  it won't be too long before she does, so hopefully this pattern will appeal to her!

The front of the cushion cover is made from two cotton fabrics and piping cord. Getting the cord sewn in place was tricky but after a couple of false starts I managed to complete the process ... with just a few oaths and curses along the way :)
I used plain black cotton to create the back - I opted for the tried and tested, easy-peasy lemon-squeezy, envelope closing. I haven't quite got the confidence to try setting in a zip yet ... maybe the next sewing project. It's not as if I haven't done it before, but that was about thirty years ago ... making me very definitely out of practice!
The colours were chosen because Jolene's has a white and red bedroom. I think the combination of patterns is very 'ooh la la' French chic ... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she likes it.

I hope you are having a great week.

Until the next scheduled post then.

5 comments:

Sandra H said...

Hi Elizabeth....wow Oh my goodness this is just adorable and perfect in every way xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Elizabeth I'm sure she will absolutely love it! huggles Sue xx

Jackie said...

A beautiful cushion, just right for a 14 year old young lady :o)
Jackie xx

Carole Pollard said...

Stunning project such a fabulous cushion love the design and I bet your granddaughter loves it Love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

scrappymo! said...

Bet she will love it! It looks so professional with that lovely piped in piece.