Saturday 17 May 2014

Otter Anniversary

Hi Everyone

Hope you are enjoying the weekend. It's not looking too good from the craft room, buy that's okay; what better excuse to stay inside and craft than bad weather :)

Today's share is a card I made a wee while back but forgot to post ... this old lady's memory isn't what it used to be :) It was made for our nature loving friends' wedding anniversary.
It was made almost entirely from materials in a Pollyanna Pickering collection ... additions were the green cardstock used for matting and the green suede style paper string, bought from The Works for a song, and the stamped heart-shaped greeting - die cut using Docrafts X-Cut Homespun Hearts.













The nicest thing about using a kit is that it usually includes enough extra images in a variety of sizes to decorate the inside and outside of cards.

Am I the only one who has these kits stashed away, largely unused. Trouble is, I'm taken with the images, buy one, make one or two cards up and then put it away only for it to be forgotten. I keep thinking I should make a bit of an effort to make the rest up and donate them to charity.

I've been making another cushion (pillow) cover today ... a birthday present for young lady's upcoming birthday, which means I won't be able to show you it until after the event ... hopefully I'll remember this time :)

Have a great evening and happy crafting,

Materials used: Base - square white card; Paper, toppers and greeting on inside of card - Pollyanna Pickering collection; Cardstock - American Crafts lime green card, snippet of white card for heart-shaped sentiment; Die - Docraft's X-Cut Homespun Hearts set; Inks - Versafine Olympia Green, Ranger's Crushed Olive distress ink; ProMarker - Marsh Green; Stamps - Anniversary stamp from a free set from Cardmaking & Papercraft, Happy stamp from Wild Rose Studio Everyday Greetings; Embellishments - The Works green paper string, Crystal Stickles, Green crystal sticker gems

5 comments:

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card Elizabeth and l'll be looking forward to seeing it when it's finished (Cushion Cover) xx

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous Elizabeth. I do love otters. Beautiful creatures.
Have a great crafty weekend.
Hugs
x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah Elizabeth do agree lovely images and do make a beautiful card as you have done the kit issue is not s problem in country Oz daresay they may be around but not here. But have lots I my stash I love but neglect. This years goal was to use those NBUS items love Shaz in Oz.x

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card Elizabeth, I am a huge fan of PP :o)
Jackie xx

Krisha said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I REALLY like this card.
Yes, I've had those memory black out too....LOL
Have a great week.