Thursday 15 May 2014

Wetlands Birthday Card

Evening Everyone,

I hope this finds you well and that you have had a lovely day.

I thought that, as I've finished the card that was on my desk yesterday, you might like to see it now.
It's just a plain white base with the inked, stamped and matted panel added ... quite a simple and easy card to make. The inked panel is an off-cut left over from an earlier, much earlier, project ... it's been lying on my desk forever, waiting for inspiration to strike :) The original piece was made by randomly sponging a mix of Shaded Lilac, Squeezed Lemonade and Peacock Feathers ink over the surface. Water was then spritzed and flicked over it and then dabbed off with kitchen paper - this has the effect of 'bleaching' out the colour and leaving an interesting texture. All inks are Rangers Tim Holtz distress inks.

To create the panel the width was trimmed to fit the card and then the edges were inked with the turquoise ink. Next, I stamped the greeting in Memento Tuxedo Black, using a stamp positioner to place it exactly where I wanted it - that is, leaving room for the wading bird stamp and the reeds - the stamps are from the Stampin' Up's Wetlands set. Finally, the panel was matted on to a scrap of Forest Green cardstock (Papermill Direct).



I stamped the wading birds inside bottom left and centre back.
And I even remembered to stamp the envelope ... this usually only occurs to me too late, after it's been sealed and addressed :(

Apart from the base, this card is made entirely from a couple of leftover scraps so I'm off to submit it to Pixie's Snippets Playground.

And that done, I'm off to bed early because I'm completely bushed. It's been another busy day in the garden but I'm happy to report that it is beginning to look much less neglected and a lot tidier as we get it licked into shape.

Many thanks to you everyone who takes the time to visit ... all comments left are much appreciated, especially as I am well aware that you all have busy lives and time is so precious.

Happy crafting,

13 comments:

Cathy said...

This is beautiful Elizabeth, love your soft inking as a background, Cathy x

Jackie said...

Superb card Elizabeth, so beautiful :o)
Jackie xx

brenda said...

Love it Elizabeth, very much my kind of card.

B x

Marie-Louise said...

Absolutely gorgeous Elizabeth. Love the stamps.

Bobbie Lynn said...

A beautiful card Elizabeth. Love the colors. A very cool feel to the card. Those are beautiful color by Tim Holtz. I have not kept up with his colors. Those are very pretty.
Right now cool would be good here. A very hot day and early gardening. Happy gardening and crafting to you.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Easy, but beautiful - love your color choices and I always love those little sand pipers! Have a great weekend, Elizabeth!

Carole Pollard said...

Fantastic creation from some simple products just fabulous love and happy crafting hugs Carole x

Sue said...

What a gorgeous card Elizabeth really lovely have a great weekend huggles Sue xx

Hettie said...

This is beautiful Elizabeth. I love that panel. Clever you.
Now, if you are running out of garden, there is mine here begging for some attention.
Hugs
xx

Sandra H said...

Elizabeth this is so pretty x

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card ! Lovely inked panel with fabulous stamping xx

Di said...

GORGEOUS! Love how you did the background, perfect colours Elizabeth - and I have that stamp set waiting to be inked for the first time here. It's a lovely set and you used it so well.

Hugs, Di xx

Darnell said...

I came to see your WOYWW post, late though I am, Elizabeth, and I got to see your finished card and envie for your brother! I love it and I'm sure he will love it, too!! I know you are gone this week, so I won't expect a visit, but I wanted to have a hello comment for you anyway for when you got back home! How wonderful that you get to be with the grands and Max!! Happy WOYWW! Hugs, Darnell #24