Friday 27 December 2013

Train Enthusiast's Christmas Card - one for CHNC

Evening Everyone

Before I go on, I'd like to send heartfelt sympathy to everyone who is suffering the aftermath of the dreadful rainstorms in the south of England. I do realise it is not like being at home but, until it is all over, I hope you are all somewhere warm and comfortable.

I'm writing this post with a storm raging outside ... it's been going on since yesterday and it still sounds fierce with no hope of a let up anytime soon. We had gusts of 102mph during the night, wrecking a garden storage box in the process. And the litter!!! The EM was out earlier with the litter-picker ... a waste of time. It's now as bad as ever. So not a day to go anywhere, even if we felt so inclined.
Instead, I've been pottering around in the craft room and cleaning up some of the files on the computer, and that's what reminded me that I hadn't posted this card yet. I thought it is perfect for Hazel's challenge over at CHNC this week - challenge 156: Last minute cards or any not shown already.

It was the card made for the train mad EM. Last minute, because it took me an age to source a really appropriate stamp - Train Postcard. The greeting stamp is an old favourite, love the font and the words, from Giordano Studio Stamps Wonderful Christmas ... I've used the greeting umpteen times and never the main image ... shame on me!



Materials:
  • square Kraft card blank
  • Raspberry Road Designs Christmas Collection paper pack
  • smooth black card for matting and layering; smooth white card for stamped topper
  • stamps - Stampendous Train Postcard stamp for topper and Joanna Sheen's Giordano Studio Stamps Wonderful Christmas for the greeting
  • Versafine Vintage Sepia ink pad
  • red raffia ribbon from Wilkinsons
  • shiny red card candi
My plans for this evening ... I have 3 crafting magazines to read. They've been lying around since last week so time to curl up on the sofa and give them my full attention :)
 
I hope your plans for the evening are equally pleasant.

Take care and stay safe.

6 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm glad that you're ok...have seen the wild weather up your way on the news. As you say, perfect weather for staying indoors and crafting!!
Hugs, LLJ xx

Hazel said...

Hope you are keeping safe and warm in the storm. Thanks for entering your lovely card for CHNC challenge 156 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for December - I'd love to see it there too. x

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card Elizabeth l just love this stamp and you have created a lovely scene using it......truly awful what has happened with the weather and l feel for those who have been through it l hope your okay that's some force 102Mph keep safe xx

Jackie said...

Wonderful card Elizabeth, I love the stamp and that paper is gorgeous :o)
The gales have finally stopped blowing here, it is much calmer and brighter now.
Jackie xx

Anonymous said...

HELLO ELIZABETH,JUST STOPPING BY TO SAY SAY HELLO AND WISH YOU A HAPPY NEW YEAR :)
I AM SORRY I HAVE MISSED COMMENTING ON SO MANY OF YOUR LOVELY CREATIONS THESE PAST FEW WEEKS-I AM BACK ON TRACK NOW AND HOPE TO PUT THAT RIGHT IN THE NEW YEAR :)
HUGS,NESSA XXX

scrappymo! said...

I am bookmarking this gorgeous card. I have this stamp and think your card is so wonderful! I really like that sepia ink with this image!

The background papers are just right and love the inside of course.

Just getting caught up with visiting so off to check out your next post too!