Monday 30 December 2013

Birthday Hugs - the last snippets card of 2013

Good Morning Everyone

Just popping in with what is sure to be my last visit in 2013 to Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 105 with a little card I've made for a sweet wee girl who will be three years old on New Year's Day.
Materials used:

- White 4.75"square card base

- I used a selection of papers from Pebbles Sunny Side 6x6 paper pad. One sheet, the pink gingham, was used to cover the front surface of the card. Three sheets, one floral patterned, one pink chevron and a teal polka dot were chopped trimmed into squares, rectangles and strips and edged with a Rose Pink ProMarker. I then juggled the pieces on the front until I was happy with the arrangement before sticking them down.

- To make and colour the topper I stamped, with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on to a snippet of smooth white card, Docrafts Forever Friends Gift stamp which I coloured with ProMarkers. The bear is coloured with Satin, Oatmeal, Sandstone - he looks a tad pale in the photo but much healthier in real life :) For the present the bear is carrying I picked out colours from the patterned -Cool Aqua, Duck Egg, Rose Pink and Pastel Yellow. The whole image is outlined with Ice Grey 1. 

- Once coloured, the topper was cut out using a die from Spellbinders Labels Nine set and my trusty Cuttlebug. I then traced the die on to a snippet of smooth pink card and cut around it to create a faux Spellbinder label for matting. 

- The greeting was made in a similar way using the Sending Hugs stamp from Wild Rose Studio Love Circles but this time the stamp was cut out and the matting was punched to create a 1.5" circle.

- For the final touch to the front I chose two Teresa Collins Summer Stories enamel dots and the tiniest scrap of turquoise patterned ribbon. I've simply knotted the ribbon because I find it nigh impossible to make a bow I'm happy with when it has a pattern, as this one does, on one side only. 
- Inside is decorated with leftover strips of the paper and stamped with a birthday greeting from Hero Arts Classic Messages.

The storms have abated, albeit temporarily, and at the time of typing it's dry outside.  There's a couple of guys working on clearing our gutters ... we will now be able to stand on the front doorstep in the rain and get soaked :)

Hope it's good wherever you are too and it has been a happy Monday for you all.

Take care and stay safe.


15 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Dear Elizabeth, thanks for visiting my blog and your sweet comment! That card is adorable! Your little friend will love it! I wish you a happy and healthy New Year and keep crafting!
Hugs, Cornelia

KandA said...

Such a gorgous card. Love the pink gingham with the super flowery paper and also the way you decorated the inside.
Thanks for the lovely comment you left about my Dads snowman - it was really appreciated xx

KandA said...

Such a gorgous card. Love the pink gingham with the super flowery paper and also the way you decorated the inside.
Thanks for the lovely comment you left about my Dads snowman - it was really appreciated xx

kay said...

This is so cute,love the use of the patterned papers x

Sarn said...

Hi Elizabeth . . . great Forever Friends card here and a nice layout.

Glad you are safe after the storms up there. It's been atrocious down here too!

Wishing you and the EM a Happy New Year.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Bonnie said...


What an adorable little guy and I love that BIG present! Pretty flowers continued on the inside too! Happy New Year, Elizabeth!

Carol L said...

This card is absolutely precious!! That image just has me grinning from ear to ear! Happy New Year!!

Greta said...

Adorable card for a little one!

Jackie said...

What a delightful card, so sweet :o)
Jackie xx

vic said...

This is so pretty Elizabeth I love the forever friends image and pretty papers such a lovely birthday card for a little girl I'm sure she will be very happy!

Vic x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

beautiful card Elizabeth. .. thanks for sharing. .. and lovely weather here would send you some if I could... every blessing of the Lord Jesus for 2014. Shaz in Oz xxx

Di said...

Really gorgeous card Elizabeth, and your colouring is fabulous!

Happy New Year!

Hugs,

Di
xx

scrappymo! said...

What a sweet card. Love the image and the pretty papers you chI smiled when I read your crossed out words!

Glad you are safe...these storms sound awful...it has been warm and mild here for a couple of weeks but the freezing weather is supposed to return soon. i never mind snow but hate the sheet ice when it melts and then freezes...

Stay safe!

Hettie said...

Awwww! This is gorgeous Elizabeth. I have that stamp and must dig it out and ink it up.
Happy New Year to you and yours.
Hugs
Hettie
xx

Darnell said...

What an absolutely perfectly sweet card for a wee three-year-old, Elizabeth!! I love that you not only did the inside, but the backside as well! That's a first for me and I like it!! Happy New Year to you both!! Hugs, Darnell