Sunday 22 December 2013

Snowman Soup Kits

Evening All,

I hope you have all had a good Sunday.

I'm still working on some last minute stuff ... I may run out of days before tasks this year but I'm not stressing about it ... the earth won't stop turning just because I've not ticked something off that never-reducing to-do list of mine!

Yesterday I did clear my desk long enough to make up these bags of Snowman Soup. They make a delicious hot treat, especially on a cold winter's morning.
I found the recipe I followed online at the appropriately named Jinglebell Junction.

To make a bag you need the following:
  • 1 individual pack of hot chocolate mix
  • Approximately 2 tablespoons of mini pink & white marshmallows
  • 1 peppermint candy cane
  • 2 cello bags - one A5 size and the other a smaller one for the marshmallows
The original recipe also included 3 Hershey’s kisses - I searched the shops but couldn't find these anywhere :(

The pdf label is downloadable free from Love The Day site ... it includes the cute little poem with instructions which goes like this:- 

Was told that you’ve been good this year,
Always glad to hear it.
With freezing weather drawing near,
You’ll need to warm the spirit.

So here’s a little “Snowman Soup”
Complete with a stirring stick.
Add hot water and sip it slow
It’s sure to do the trick.

I thought it was a little bit of delicious fun for the children to find in their stockings.

A brief post today ... things to do still :) 

Take care and happy crafting,

3 comments:

Rita said...

Good Morning Elizabeth. What a lovely Christmas post. I like the Santa Soup idea and I'm sure the children will enjoy it too. Wishing you and your Family a Wonderful Christmas and a Healthy and Happy New Year. Hugs Rita xxx

Jackie said...

They sound delicious LOL, great stocking fillers :o)
Jackie xx

fairy thoughts said...

Hi Elizabeth that is so cute and my work colleagues Christmas sorted for next year..... As long as I remember ... Note to self I think
Have a great Christmas and thanks for all your kind comments throughout the year
Janet