Sunday 1 December 2013

Tiger Tiger - A Snippet Card

Evening Everyone,

Late, as ever! I don't know where the time is going these days. I'm so busy and finding no time for crafting when there's a search going on for the box of Christmas decorations ... after hours of searching we still haven't located it and fear that it may still be in the attic in our last house :(

Anyway, here's another card made weeks ago; one featuring the swiped ink pad technique.
Needless to say, after all this time I've forgotten what materials I used. The black card base was stamped with a combination of wild flower and tree stamps using VersaMark, which was then brushed with mica powders in several colours, i.e. green, gold and blue.

The topper, a snippet of white card, was swiped with blue, green and sand coloured ink pads as a base for the tiger stamp. This was then matted and layered on to white card and gold textured paper. The greeting was made from an off-cut from the topper and gold paper.

Right then, back to looking for that box of decorations.

Hope you've all had a wonderful weekend wherever you are.

Happy crafting,

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Good morning Elizabeth, I do hope you find you box of decorations! What a gorgeous card. I have finally tried your inkpad swiping technique but didn't quite get the results that you hae, but nevertheless, I will show the card eventually :o)
Jackie xx

Julia Dunnit said...

It's a beautiful card Elizabeth, like you, I'm away from my desk more than I want to be..my snippets are threatening to over take!
HOpe you find the decs...it is so frustrating!

Sandra H said...

Beautiful snippets card Elizabeth xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah love it Elizabeth and wonder where the decorations are??

.. I do pray you or DH just manage to put your hands on them asap,
God bless, Shaz in oz.x