Tuesday 27 August 2013

Can a girl ever have too many shoes ...

... my niece says that's not possible :)

Evening Everyone,

I said I might be back to show my latest patchwork project if it was deemed it good enough. Well, it got the mark of approval from the recipient ... I made it for Louise, my niece ... she loved it.
I was hoping it would appeal to her 'shop 'til you drop' philosophy, and it did :)

It's Made from 9 x 5" squares in red/black/white patterned cottons, black edging strips are 2" wide and the red spot corner squares are 2" square. The back is in envelope style in red. Most of the fabric, already cut into fat quarters, had the selvedge removed when I bought which means I can't give any clues to the manufacturer(s). That is, all except the fabulous shoe pattern which I bought of the bolt, so I can tell you that it is a screen print from Robert Kaufman called Dress Up.
I drew the layout out to scale first before cutting out the pieces. I'm still at the re-learning (I've forgotten more than I remember) and experimenting stage and I think I'd make the squares smaller and the edging strips wider next time. It's all trial and error at the moment.

Right, that's me for today. I'm off to watch the latest New Tricks ... Nicholas Lyndhurst is joining the cast and I can't wait to see what he makes of a role in what is not a comedy. I have a feeling he will still make me chuckle :)

Hope you are all having a lovely evening, and are too busy enjoying yourself to find time to be blog hopping :))

4 comments:

fairy thoughts said...

OMG love that shoe fabric, you only need a simple design with fabric like that .... great
janet

Sandra H said...

Fabulous Elizabeth and the fabric is gorgeous Louise is a very lucky girl xx

Marie-Louise said...

I love the cushion Elizabeth. Great work.

Di said...

Brilliant! It's perfect Elizabeth - I wouldn't change a thing to be honest. That shoe fabric is divine and set of perfectly by the black and white.

I missed New Tricks, sigh :( There is humour there I find, albeit quite dark at times.

Hugs, Di xx