Wednesday 27 July 2011

WOYWW - Week 112 - Snippet Reveal + Something for Harry Potter Fans

Good Morning All,

It's great to be back in WOYWWer land - I missed you all last week even though I was off in the Highlands having a fabulous time. In fact, this was what my desk looked like last week . . .


On the Jacobite Express and not so much as a Timmy ink pad in sight.


This is what's on my desk this morning - and if you want to see more workdesks, kitchen tables, nooks and crannies, and there are even those who use the floor to craft on :) - hop over to the Head Keeper of Desks, Julia's blog, Stamping Ground - just remember to grab a cuppa first because you could be hopping for some time!!

So, what is on my desk this morning?  Well, there's my Hougie book - I'm making my first attempt at a tri-fold shutter card, that's the blue card at the back,  which will be covered with the deer covered design paper that's lying on top of my glass cutting top - Crafty Hazel's challenge this week is to incorporate reindeer(s) in our card. The new metal edged ruler is lying on top and a few other tools of the trade are lying about. Not much to see really. However, there's more.


For some time now I've been following Jules' Sunday Snippets posts on Always With A Heart, promising myself that I would join in with the fun one day. That day has come but it did require some preparation, i.e. sorting out of the snippets. Jules revealed her giiii...normous snippet collection recently - if you haven't already seen it, pop over and prepare to be amazed!! Now, there is no way I can compete, thank goodness, but, just for the record, I'm revealing mine. There's two pizza style boxes, one for papers and the other for card - all sorts but not white - that's sorted by size and stored in the 4-drawer set that can be seen perched on top of the new IKEA drawer set here. The white plastic box is full of strips of paper and card and the stack of white card on top is purely representational - there's more, a lot more.


Almost hidden from view, at the back, is the first snippet card made since I sorted that lot out :) I'll be doing a separate post on it later.

And, as promised, for all the Harry Potter fans out there here's a photo taken on the Hogwart's Express as it crossed the Glenfinnan Viaduct.


Just one of the many photos taken on this fantastic train journey. We took so many that it is proving a difficult choice for a post, but I will narrow it down somehow and do a post later.

Now, I'm off to hang the washing out - too good a day to miss - and then I'll potter/wander round the garden, camera at the ready, and enjoy the sunshine for a wee while. After which, I'll arm myself with the proverbial cuppa and try to visit as many of you as possible.

I hope you will all have a wonderful week, wherever you are. For those of you who are not feeling so good for whatever reason, I hope that things improve so that you can enjoy some crafting the week away :)

Finally, I'd like to extend my sympathies to the people of Norway after the shooting that took place earlier this week. So many young people lost, so many families and friends affected - may you find the strength to get through this terrible thing that has happened to you.


24 comments:

Di said...

Hi Elizabeth! Happy WOYWW - and what a great set of photos of your hols. Lovely one of you and that one on the viaduct is brilliant! My eyes would have been tightly shut though :)

Well done on the tri-fold shutter card - I love making those. And, a question - what do you think of your glass cutting mat? I've been wondering for a while whether to get one or not.

Happy crafting! Di xx

Di said...

Hope my comment arrived OK 'cos I got an error 503 but then it said comment would be posted after approval so I hope it got there. I also meant to say that you'll find the snippets challenge huge fun! Di xx

Sarah said...

what a fabulous post and love the photos!!!! Same feelings here too - the world is a strange place at times.thanks for the peek today! Sarah (Sasa at 1)

jude said...

What abeautiful post and those piccies are fab!Looks like youve had great time,love all the stash on your desk this week.
Have fab wednesday and a creative week ahead.
hugs Judex 7

Andria said...

Welcome home...sounds like a fabulous vacation! It's so nice to get away, isn't it? Love that photo of the viaduct...looks like amazing scenery. Your shutter card looks so nice! Happy WOYWW!

CraftygasheadZo said...

Great pic, am a huge Harry Potter fan so that train and view makes me most jealous! Thanks for sharing. Zo x

Sarn said...

Ooh, I shall look forward to seeing your Snippet Card over at Jules's blog.

Great pictures here today.

Happy WOYWW.

Hugs, Sandra Take a peek at MY DESK here

Helen said...

That sounds like a train journey to savour! What a lovely photo - Andria is right, gorgeous scenery.
From the crafter on the floor, lol!

Annie said...

Thanks for the photos....Hoping to go to see the latest Harry Potter later :-)
A x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I've been over the Glenfinnan Viaduct on a steam train too!! Glorious scenery on that run to Mallaig. I lived in Northumberland for many years, so we toured throughout most of Scotland - the West coast is gorgeous!! xx

Anonymous said...

What a Grand Day Out! I love old forms of transport. I've never made a tri shutter card yet but want to have a go. I do Jules challenge now and again, very brave of you to shouw your snippets! It's a sad and messed up world we live in, that's for sure.

Hugs
Benda

Franka Benjaminsen said...

What a lovely post today and... I love both desks. Looks like it was really fun on this steam train.
Thanks for sharing and welcome back.
Bye, Franka

Hettie said...

I know where you are as Glenfinnan is a lovely place. We waved to the train when we were last passing through on our Scotland tour! Will try and be on the train itself when we come up next year! I do so love the West Coast as I used to holiday on a farm just (9 miles!) outside Loch Aline opposite Tobermory. What a view in the mornings! Ahhhhh! Thanks for my happy thoughts!

Angie said...

I got totally distracted by that train ...something I have wanted to do so much ...cant wait to read and see yout post ...maybe I'll do it ...one day

Jules said...

Hi Elizabeth

What a wonderful post.

Beautiful photographs both of your holiday AND of your craft space and snippets!!!

I wonder if mine will ever reduce to fit into two pizza type boxes!!!! I somehow doubt it .. .. but they are reducing. I am quite proud of the difference this little challenge has made to my crafting habits.

I am looking forward to seeing your first snippet creation.

Well voiced about the terrible happenings in Norway. All of those lives lost and ruined by just one person .. . so very sad.

Love Jules xx

peggy aplSEEDS said...

great post this week! i really enjoyed both the pics of your desk on the train and the one at home. and your card turned out really well! happy WOYWW! thanks for dropping by!

SueH said...

I don’t know about lucky my for going to Buckingham Palace, lucky you for going on the Hogwart's Express…..I’m going Green with envy here!
My friend and I went to see the last film last week and I can believe it’s all over….no more Harry Potter….can it be true?

You asked about Williams Chocolate cake and I can report that he did actually get his wish although there were no pictures of it for some reason.

Happy Crafting!
Sue
x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Elisabeth, thanks for popping over! sorry running late! my "end of weeks" seems to be very busy would be better if on Monday or weekend for me.. not worry better late than never, thanks for sharing holiday shots too and your desk- love it so much interesting happening. Happy belated WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x

PS re the gumblossoms have great photo on this post here... lovely ones this tree:

http://calligraphycards-shazinoz.blogspot.com/2011/03/sorry-for-delay-gumblossoms-instead.html

Neet said...

Love your opening picture - you look so happy. Great photos of the holiday follow - and decent weather too!
Re your desk - I have seen this mentioned on other blogs but never asked - what is a Hougie book please?
Enjoy creating. Thanks for sharing - Hugs, Neet

okienurse said...

awesome looking desk and crafting area! THose photos of the express train are spectacular. Went to see Harry Potter last week and thought that I had to make a trip and ride the train one time. Maybe on my next visit to the UK! Sorry I am so late getting around but haven't felt well this week. Thanks for sharing. Vickie

Spyder said...

ohooo yes, please do do a post with Harry Potter train piccies!! Now I'm nagging hubby to take me on the train too, he likes trains so it 'might' be easy! Very tidy and organised crafty space...my mess is even worse!! Happy WOYWW>..very late!

((Lyn))

Spyder said...

ohoo forgot, how do you find that hougie book, watched it on telly the other day and thought, it looks good, but why are those boards so expensive!!

akilli melek said...

isnt it surprising how many snippets we can gather. looks like you had fun on the train.
caroline

MagsB said...

What lovely pictures, especially the one from the train over that beautiful viaduct! (Most of my male relatives are Engineers, so I've been brought up to appreciate beautiful engineering!!)

I'm so impressed by your organised snippets - must sort mine which are spilling out of shoeboxes! Jules's challenge is so inspiring, isn't it?!

luv, Mags x